"Friday"

I couldn't remember the last time I hit up a club or bar with Kendall and Bakari. We used to live in the clubs back in college but after graduation, I began modeling more and hung around different crowds for a while. It wasn't long before I was getting into exclusive parties with Theo and turning into someone I didn't recognize anymore. Now that I was back to being me, I spent most of my time working on projects for my job and having dinner with my friends. That Friday night—still in my 'glow' week—was destined to be an unforgettable night. I could already feel it the moment I stepped out of my house and climbed into the Lyft ride that Kendall had gotten for the three of us.

 I could already feel it the moment I stepped out of my house and climbed into the Lyft ride that Kendall had gotten for the three of us

            "Damn, look at you," said Kendall. "You're not gonna start modeling again, are you?"

            "I know, right," added Bakari. "That hat and jacket are the bomb dot com, for real."

            I smiled as I told them, "It's been forever since we last went out to a club. Oh, before I forget, do you think you can dye my hair platinum blonde tomorrow, Bakari?"

            He snapped his fingers and said, "Damn, you really are back to the old you. You haven't asked me to dye your hair in forever, boo. But you know I got you."

            "So, there is life after Theo?" Kendall asked with a grin.

            "Don't even go there. I do not wanna hear his name tonight. I don't wanna hear about your significant others either. Tonight is about us; the three amigos."

            "Oh shit, you done took it way back talking about the three amigos," Bakari shouted with a laugh. "I'm glad we're not driving tonight because I am gonna fuck up some Jamaican rum at Club LaBeija."

            "I hear that," I said. "I just wanna drink and dance all night."

            "All night?" Kendall asked. "I thought we were gonna call it a night by midnight?"

            "The fun doesn't start until midnight," I told him. "You better text Chad and tell him you'll be home late as fuck. If he acts up, remind him that y'all have yet to put rings on your fingers."

            "True tea," Bakari interjected.

            We arrived at the club and easily got in because all three of us looked fly as hell that night. I hadn't been to Club LaBeija in about two years. It was a pretty big twenty-one and over nightclub in West Hollywood with a large dance floor, VIP platforms and private lounges. Since my friends and I were fashionably late, we couldn't get a VIP platform but I was destined to get us into one before the end of the night. The music wasn't the best—I'm not really into trap—that night but I wasn't going to let that ruin our fun. One of the bartenders was really into Kendall so we got free drinks. Nothing was gonna mess that night up for us.

            "Elijah," Bakari called out as he tapped my shoulder. "That cute boy in black over there is checking you out."

            "Which one?" I asked.