"Regard"

As much as I wanted that Saturday night to be a three amigos night, both Kendall and Bakari were too busy to tag along with me to the nineties party Zade was hosting. Even Clyde was too busy to answer my calls or reply to my texts. So, I took my time getting ready and soaked in the tub for an extended amount of time as I thought about Zade. I touched myself a few times as I imagined him right there in the tub with me. After my bath, I finished getting ready and requested a Lyft ride to the club. I put my phone on silent mode because I didn't want anything to distract me. I wanted that night to be special because I'd already gone all the way with Kwame. It was only fair that I took it there with Zade.

            Since I had a VIP pass, I didn't have to wait in the long line to get into the club. I felt bad for the people who couldn't get in because the party was beyond amazing. Not everyone—including me—was wearing outfits from the nineties; however, the music was on point and I was there to dance and drink. It took me a while to find Zade but I finally found him talking to a group of people at a table. I moved over towards the table but stayed back and waited for him to turn around and notice me.

            "I hope y'all enjoy the party," he said to the group. "If you need anything, hit me up." He turned around and when he noticed me, his face lit up and he threw his arms around me before asking, "Baby, when did you get here?"

            "A few minutes ago," I replied. "This party is nice."

            "I know. You should've seen me about an hour and a half ago while setting up. I was a nervous wreck, baby." He leaned in closer to me while keeping his arms wrapped around my body. "Mmm, you smell so good. And you look incredible."

            "All for you." The DJ began playing "Sweetheart" by Jermaine Dupri and Mariah Carey and I immediately began dancing as I told Zade, "This is my jam! I was eight going on nine when the video for this song used to be on MTV."

            "Dang. I've never heard this song before."

            "Yeah, because you're a youngster. Dance with me baby."

            "Alright, I'll dance with you for this one but then I gotta make my rounds. I'm the host of this gig, remember?"

            I laughed with him as we danced to the music together. The song perfectly captured the mood I was in. I was happy and excited to be dancing out in public with someone that could potentially be my sweetheart. And Zade looked so sexy and handsome that night. He always looked ridiculously sexy but he looked sexier that night to me for some reason. Needless to say, I was all over him. I swear there is nothing more pleasing than being able to display your affection for someone without a single care in the world.

            "Baby, I gotta go," he told me while we were dancing to a fourth song. "I was only supposed to dance with you for the one song. We're on song number four."

            "I know but you look so good," I said while caressing the back of his head with my hands.

            "You look good, too. But this is my job, baby. It's not like I'm making money any other way."

            "I thought you said you were going to make new videos for your porn accounts?"

            He smirked as he revealed, "I only said that to make you mad. You know I don't wanna give up my goods to anybody but you now. How about we go back to my place after this party and get into a lil' somethin' somethin'?"

            "I'm down but I'd rather it be at my place so there won't be any distractions. We can also get as loud as we want."

            "Shit, sounds good to me. Now give me them lips so I can get back to my job."