"Sustain"

After my freaky night with Kwame, I went almost a week without seeing him, Micah or Zade in person and just communicated with them through either text or phone call. I needed time to process it all and I also wanted to make sure none of them accidentally showed up at my place at the same time. Once I finally felt like I'd reestablished a balance, I decided to send Zade a FaceTime call. I had been out running on that Saturday morning and was thinking about him. When he answered the call, he looked so sexy and refreshed.

            "Hey baby," he said to me while smiling into the camera

            "Hey baby," he said to me while smiling into the camera. "What you doing outside this early?"

            "I'm out on a run," I told him.

            "I wish I could get up and run this early in the morning. Shit, I just got in from the club a few hours ago."

            "Oh, my bad," I said as I stopped walking along the trail and held my phone up so he could see me better. "I didn't wake you, did I?"

            "Nah, I got up to pee and right when I came back to my bed, you were calling. I wasn't gonna ignore the call, especially since you haven't called me in a few days."

            "Sorry about that, I've been busy. We've been texting though."

            "It's cool, baby. So, when are we gonna hang out again?"

            "How about tonight?"

            "I got some stuff to do tonight. You can come by now if you want. My roommates are still sleeping and they got fucked up last night so they won't be getting up for a while."

            I laughed and said, "Zade, I'm all sweaty and I'm nowhere near your place

            I laughed and said, "Zade, I'm all sweaty and I'm nowhere near your place. Besides, you said you just got in from the club a few hours ago. You should get some sleep."

            "I miss you."

            "Aw, I miss you, too. We'll figure out something in the upcoming week."

            "I still want you to cook spaghetti for me. Mr. Tibbs likes spaghetti, too." He grabbed the teddy bear and showed it to me.

            "Aw, Zade. I still think it is so adorable that you sleep with a teddy bear."