Fear

I search the bag with my hand, and my fingers hit some sort of tube, I pull it out and it is indeed a glass test tube with a green liquid inside, and a cork. I examine it until the sudden realization hits me, it's Bruce! I look up at him quickly to see that his tan face has a deep pink as he goes from staring at the test tube, to staring into my eyes.

"Let's go! Closet time you two!" Tony says as he opens the closet, pushes us into it, and slams it closed, locking it of course. We can't see much but I can tell that we are very close to each other by the fact that I could feel heat radiating off of him and myself. His face was extremely close to mine and he tried backing up but he was already basically against the wall, and my back was to the door.

"I'm sorry that Tony is making you play th—"

"He isn't making me play, I wanted to play, I just don't... never mind," he had cut me off but he seemed nervous, no it was more than that, he's scared.

"Bruce. You don't have to be nervous around me okay." I say as I lift my hand and put it on his shoulder carefully but he jolts back, hitting his head on the wall. "Shit I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you. I shouldn't have touched you without asking." I pull my hands back and press my self up against the door as much as possible, trying to give him as much space as I can. "I won't do it again I pr—"

"You're scared too..." he cut me off, he sounds almost distraught, his voice cracking.

"I mean yeah... I am, I don't wanna upset you, you're one of my best friends. I don't wanna scare you away." I look at the ground and hold my arms to my chest tightly.

"Sure..." he whispers something else under his breath that I couldn't quite hear, but I did here one word, 'Hulk'. That's what he's worried about?

"I don't know all of what you said, but I'm pretty sure you're wrong." I say firmly trying not to come off as mean, but you can hear the hurt in my voice. "You're not the only one who is scared of hurting the people you love Bruce. We're friends, have been for years now. We are supposed to trust each other, to tell and believe each other when we say what's wrong." I can feel tears prick my eyes as I get more upset.

"So trust me! Trust that I don't fear either of you. Trust that I love you. Him, too." I raise my voice slightly but not enough so people outside can hear me over the movie. I didn't even realize that I got close to his face until I felt his hot breath on my face, his eyes looking into my own.

He looks so sad and hurt, but I can tell he realises how much he hurt me as well. He lifts up a shaking hand and glides his thumb across my cheek hesitantly, wiping away a tear I hadn't even known I shed, "I'm... sorry, (y/n)." he sheds a tear before nuzzling me. "You... You said you love me right? I... I didn't just make that up?"

I give a breathy laugh, "Yes, I did." I smile and kiss his cheek, smearing a salty tear on my lips. He smiles slightly, I can tell he's worried about me still being mad. I give a kind but goofy smile before peppering his face with kisses, making sure not to land on his lips yet. We both start giggling.

"Thank you (y/n)... So you aren't upset?" He looks at me in wonder and love.

"Hmm... I dunno, maybe you could find a way to make sure that I'm not?" I give him a mischievous smile and slowly glide a finger from his jaw down below his belly.

I can feel him inhale sharply before shakily breathing out, "Oh uh, I, I don't know if—" I finally kiss his, surprisingly soft, lips before pulling away and whispering to him.

"I'm joking Bruce. Besides we just confessed, that might be a bit fast, even for me.

He smiles nervously and lets out a breath, "Thank god, I don't think I'm ready for anything like that yet." I chuckle, taking note in my head that he said, 'yet' as I hear the door get unlocked. I kiss him again just long enough that only the person opening the door would have a chance to see it happen.

"You two finally got things sorted, that's wonderful!" Wanda cheers as she pulls the door open, her dark skin crinking around her eyes as she smiles. Bruce is scarlet with embarrassment as I laugh and drag him back over to my seat on the ground and have him sit in my lap.