Never get used to people

Shoto and Izuku were in front of the doctor who assisted izuku in these past days.
Izuku was placed on a wheelchair with some grasp behind it to help people move it.
Shoto glanced at him and saw how izuku was clenching his fists and how down he looked while he was listening to what the doctor was saying.

Physiotherapy was indeed needed, he would have a session per day in order to stimulate the muscles.
The results were not clear but the doctor suspected some psychological trauma behind this.
"And you should know better then me how the mind could overpower the body" the doctor said to izuku which smiled sarcastically.

" I do know"
The doctor nodded.

"Starting from tomorrow morning you will be required to attend a session per day for almost a month. Do you have someone to take care of you? And take you here?"

Izuku looked over at Shoto not wanting to be a burden but still needing his help.
Shoto took his hand and gave a gentle squeeze.

"I can" he said to the doctor.

"I see, well then please put your sign under his and you are free to go"

Shoto nodded, took the pen handled to him and signed right under Izuku's one.
The doctor shook hand with both of them and proceed to exit the room.

"Mr Izuku, i'm doing my best to put you back on your feet. We are all doing our best. But you have to try too. A psychologist will come to you house every afternoon. You have precedents you already know about, I have read your clinic history"

Shoto looked over at Izuku not knowing what kind of precedents he could have but izuku would not meet his eyes.

"I know"
Izuku whispered more to himself.

"Well then, see you tomorrow. Mr Todoroki, Mr Shoto" and went out.

Izuku was left alone with Todoroki, he turned his wheelchair toward the exit but Todoroki stopped him.

"What did he meant to say with precedents?"

Izuku looked at his own hands

"Attempted suicide. So pitiful for a psychologist"

Izuku's words were hard to hear and he expected Shoto to pity him or even go away. But Shoto didn't, he took his hands and put his head over his chest. Izuku could hear Shoto's beating heart.

"You are so brave" he whispered to him and these were the least expected words for izuku as he has always heard such words as I'm sorry or you should have not done it.

Izuku could feel his cheeks wet but these cries were not his own. He looked up and saw some tears falling from Shoto's eyes.
Izuku wiped them away with his hands and wanted to hug him trying to stand up but he failed since he couldn't feel his legs.

"I hate! I fucking hate all of this! I hate my fucking life!"
Izuku shouted trembling while falling back on the wheelchair.

"I fucking hate this thing" he said giving a punch to the wheelchair but instantly regretting it for the pain he was now feeling.
He hugged himself lurching forward.
He was looking at his feet.
Shoto was there looking at him, he never heard him shouting like this. How much of a burden was over izuku shoulder. He would never know.

"Izuku..." Shoto muttered trying to touch his shoulder.

"I can't fucking stand all of this. I can't fucking feel anything. My legs won't even flinch a bit. I have to walk on this wheelchair. Walk! As if!
And my mother will fucking be my mother when she will know about you. I can't do this."
He looked up at him
"Shoto I can't do this!" His eyes were wide open and they were stained with tears.