Almost Blue - Chapter 27

Shoto Todoroki had become the ghost of his past. Thin and gangly, his steps now became unsure, too afraid to hurt the ground.

He hadn't seen izuku for months now and he felt lonely. But then his mother called him, telling him how he hadn't seen his son for a while. She should have called his new boyfriend, why bothering him?

The situation was strange, almost surreal, but what was real in his life anymore? Shoto started to panick, where was izuku? After one week of trying to contact him and failing, he decide to call the police. Now it was a kidnapping case. Izuku was really in danger.

The police failed, it was his turn now.

Jazz music was quietly playing in the background, Almost Blue by Chet Baker was lulling him: the jazz quartet never failed to relax his tensed muscles.
The ice inside clicked against his glass, making his gin cold; he sipped at it letting the burning feeling caress his throat.
He was near the bartender whom was talking some nonsense and filling his glass again. Shoto rested against the wooden chair, looking around the old furniture, making it look like a 70's bar.

The man next to him laid his head over his shoulder, murmuring some reassuring words.

"We will find him, Shoto. We have a lead" the man said, he was the chief for this case, an old friend of Shoto too.
Mr. R. Showed his wide grin to Shoto, he was a good investigator. Shoto smiled, maybe bitterly.

"It may be false" he answered, it would not be the first time.

The quartet kept singing in the background, Chet's voice soothing.

Mr. R. laugh calmly. He explained how this time it was real. FBI and his men cooperated.

It was shoto's turn to laugh.

"You and the FBI? Since when?"
Mr. R. smiled, it was for a greatest cause, it was for his friend who helped him back in those days.

The trumpet made a solo, making Shoto smile for how good it was, he never failed to appreciate this music.

Mr. R. slided a photo over the table, Shoto took it and his eyes widened: indeed that was Izuku. And logic told him that the man who was carrying him had to be Shinsou.

"How much do you want to take this man, throw him into jail and never let him go?"

Mr. R. Smiled to him. He ordered another shot for the both of them.

"One million, plus a little bonus for the FBI involvement"

"You never change, do you?" Shoto asked playfully. "Money is not a problem, I accept. I want Izuku free by tomorrow. You don't know the things I have done to find him" he answered putting his fee hand into his pocket, the jacket he was wearing showed an unmistakable bulge.

"By the Glock 17 you have with you is quite clear what you have done Mr. Todoroki. Nice weapon"
Shoto nodded, covering it again.

He relaxed against the chair, his hand traveling through his mismatched hair, he cut them long ago, a bit longer on the red side.
The bartender gave them their shots, a Martini too was set near Shoto.
"the man by that table" he said showing who he was talking about "paid for this, he wanted to say hello"
Shoto smiled and turned his head around facing the man, he raised the glass and sipped the drink.

"How unfortunate to be so distant, he should come here. Shouldn't he?" Shoto asked to Mr. R who nodded in agreement.

"Bartender, please let the kind man come here, there is enough to space by us."

He nodded, and the misterious man soon followe him to their table, he took a chair and sat on it, without asking for permission. Legs wide under the table, showing his laid back attitude.