Let It Burn

Izuku was speechless: Shoto hung up the phone and didn't left him any chance to talk back.

He put the phone down on his desk, he had just finished his session with a patient and he was going to reply to Shoto's message but...

He passed an hand through his hair and sighed.
"What have I done" he whispered to himself.
He closed his eyes and let his head lean back on the seat.

His assistant walked in.

"Mr. Izuku? Is everything all right?"

That made Izuku chuckle

"What have been right in my whole life? Please I don't really recall anything all right"

"Mr. Izuku you should not talk like that... What happened?"

Izuku eyed her, her thin figure.

"You are not my consoulor, so refrain from such confidence" he covered his face with his hand and he grabbed the crutch with the other one.

He got up, a little wobbly, and went to the cabinet in the bathroom: he took a pill of Xanax, a ansiolithic.
"This should do" he whispered to himself.

"Mr. Izuku, you are not allowed to take pills of any type"
She whispered knowing what was coming, she has been working with him since the day he started.

"For FUCK'S SAKE, would you leave me alone?!" He half shouted grabbing tightly onto the crutch.

He closed the cabinet and gulped down the pill without water, feeling the bitterness of it.

"Go home Mr. Izuku, you are not in the right shape for working, we both know it"

Izuku eyed her badly and sighed.

"You work under me, is that clear?"

She nodded.
"It is sir, but you see all those people waiting outside? They may want to die. You are in the right mood to work with them, I called your substitute. Go home, I am sorry but that is an order."

Izuku laughed.

"You? An order?"

"Its what I want" a male voice said.
"Fucking fantastic" Izuku muttered, his substitute has arrived.

"I apologise Mr. Izuku, it's better for you to go"
He sighed, he was in no position to reply.

He got up, helping himself with the crutch and went away slamming the door.

In the fresh hair of the morning he felt some tears stinging his face like bullets, tracing burning path over his cheeks.

"Life is so unfair" he muttered looking down and started to walk home, it would take some time with his leg which was hurting more then the other days, but he would not want to call Shoto, not right now.

The day was still bright but Shoto could not care less.
He was so angry with him, he was so angry with... himself.
He should not have called shouting through the phone.
Izuku was suffering and he didn't notice.

Shoto eyes the medicines he had near his back, he thought to take those home first. He turned around and sped through the streets.

Once in front of their house he removed his helmet and took the bag inside: Izuku wasn't at home yet.
Shoto sighed, he had been a piece of shit but he was angry. Maybe he was angry with himself...
He sat down on the couch and put the pills on the table in front of it.

"I thought he was getting better" Shoto mumbled to himself. He noticed his hand trembling, he passed his hand  through his hair.

He sighed, he was getting anxious.

"How ironic, I shout to him and now I am having this..."  He didn't want to say that word, he was fine now.

His phone buzzed in his pants, he took it out with trembling fingers and read the name of the caller: Izuku.

He swiftly tapped to answer the call.

"Izuku?"

"I..." He started on the other line of the phone, Shoto could hear people talking, he must be somewhere on the street.

"Izuku I should not have shouted to you... I was just so angry for me to not notice..."

Shoto heard Izuku exhale a deep breath.

"Shoto, sorry." He said with a hint of sadness.

"Where are you? I'm coming" Shoto said getting up.

"No Shoto, I want some lone time... please" he whispered the last word.

"Izuku..."

"I was going home but I will stay with my mother for a while ok?"

"I feel lonely here, Izuku... please..."

Izuku had his breath laboured, it was tense.

He hung up the phone leaving Shoto speachless.

He sat down again, with his head on his hands.

"Everything is burning to ashes" he thought and roughly pushed all the medicines on the ground.

"I am so lonely" he whispered again, his hands still trembling.

NOTES

YEEEEHAWWW yeah short chap but I'm in the middle of exams and sigh...

Until next chapter: GOTTA BE A REASON