Nurse Ashton

The title probably makes this sound like some role play kink but no no

Request by WriteDrunk: Luke is sick and Ashton has to take care of him

If I can't make this fluffy as hell then it's official I'm shit at fluff

••••••••••••••

Ashton woke up to the sound of someone puking. He noticed the lack of warmth in the bed and automatically knew it was Luke in the bathroom.

"Babe?" He called out, sitting up and tiredly rubbing at his eyes.

He heard the toilet flush and the sink cut on. A few seconds later the sink cut off and Luke emerged from the bathroom with his clothes rumpled and bags under his eyes.

"You okay?" Ashton cocked his head to the side.

Tiredly, Luke shook his head no and slumped towards the bed. He sat on the edge and fell into Ashton's bare chest. "I threw up."

"Poor baby." Ashton mumbled running a hand through Luke's messy hair and pressed the back of his hand to the boys sweaty forehead. "You feel hot."

Luke groaned and pressed his face against
Ashton's shoulder. Ashton could hear Liz in the kitchen closing cabinets and opening drawers.

"I'm gonna go tell your mum we're not going to school today." Ashton said pressing a kiss to the sick boys head and gently laying him against the mattress.

He was almost out of bed when Luke grabbed his hand to get his attention. "You hate skipping school." He mumbled hoarsely.

"I'm not going to school when you're sick." Ashton squeezed his hand and slipped away. He picked up a shirt from the floor and tugged it over his head before stepping out into the hallway and making his way to the kitchen.

"Liz?" Ashton poked his head in the kitchen.

"Ashton, honey what are you doing up so early?" She asked pouring coffee in a to go mug. She left for work an hour before Ashton and luke had to even wake up.

"Luke's sick." Ashton frowned, "I think I'm gonna stay home with him."

"Oh, dear." She sighed. "Alright, let me go check on him."

She sat her coffee down and walked down the hall to Luke's room. When she walked in Luke was curled into a ball under blankets with only his head sticking out. His hair was a mess and he looked kinda grey.

His eyes popped open when he felt Liz's delicate hand against his forehead. "Mummy I don't feel good." Ashton bit his knuckle not to aw or laugh at how childlike Luke is when he's sick.

"Luke, you're burning up." She said. "Rest today. I'm gonna call in for some antibiotics." She turned to Ashton. "Can you pick them up when they're ready?"

Ashton nodded and she sighed again. "I guess I should get to work."

She was halfway out the door when she came to a halt and turned to Ashton. "There's soup, juice, and ginger ale in the kitchen. Call if you need me."

"Mum, I'm not a baby." Luke murmured.

"Yes you are." Ashton and Liz spoke at the same time.

Luke mumbled something they couldn't hear and shuffled farther under the blanket.

"Well, goodbye boys. Ashton take care of my son."

"I will." Ashton nodded.

Liz left and Ashton went rummaging through the kitchen for the ginger ale and a pack of crackers.

"Luke, are you hungry or thirsty? I got some stuff." Ashton said, pushing the bedroom door closed with his hip.

Luke stuck his head out from under the blanket and mumbled a quiet no. "Well is there anything I can do?" Ashton asked, setting the items on the nightstand.

"Hold me."

Ashton smiled at the sick boy who was pouting at him. He crawled into the bed behind Luke and wrapped and arm around his waist. Luke's skin was on fire and he had a layer of sweat covering him.

"How are you under this blanket? You're sweating."

"I'm cold." He said rolling over to face Ashton.

Ashton frowned and pushed hair out of the boys face. He hated seeing Luke like this. The boy was gonna lose five pounds from sweating but felt like he would freeze to death without the blanket.

"I just want you to feel better." Ashton mumbled, pressing a kiss to Luke's forehead.

"Stop kissing me, you're gonna get sick too."

"I don't care." Ashton said running a hand down Luke's side. "You'll take care of me, right?"

"Maybe."

"Maybe?"

"Mhm." Luke mumbled.

"Fine then. I guess I'll start getting ready for school." Ashton pushed the blanket off of himself and started to get up.

"No no no, I was kidding." Luke whined, grabbing Ashton's arm and weakly pulling him back down. He laid his head on Ashton's chest and throwing a leg over his waist.

"You're like a koala bear."

"I'm pretty sure I don't have chlamydia."

Ashton chuckled and pressed another kiss to Luke's head. He thought Luke was drifting off to sleep again until he was scrambling to get to the bathroom.

Ashton was right behind him, dropping to his knees and rubbing his back as the sick boy threw up in the toilet. "Ashton," Luke hacked. "Get out."

"No, you're fine. I'm here for you." Ashton said running a hand over Luke's hair.

"It hurts, I have nothing to throw up." Luke cried.

The older boy got a wet washcloth and wiped off Luke's mouth. He pulled him in for a hug and let him press his face into the crook of his neck. "Shh. It's okay. You're okay."

"I fucking hate being sick, it makes me feel like a baby." Luke mumbled against Ashton's throat.

"You're my baby."

"Stop that."

•••••••

Fluff just ain't my thang