f i r s t

midnight by: kodaline 

e f f i e

 marriage is a delicacy, something made for two people that are ready to "tie the knot", as some would say. marriage is used to show that you never wish to be parted from someone, that you don't want to be with anyone else for as long as you love each other.

 harry and i have known each other for around 15 years, and we've been together for 4 of those years. harry had always said that he wanted to get married, but being at the age of 23, i don't believe that i'm ready for a huge wedding that has somehow been creeping up into our lives, even though we're not even engaged. 

 continuing to stare at the royal-blue-painted-wall in front of me, i let the thoughts of marriage invade and take over every thought that was of another subject.

 it's exactly midnight, and harry isn't home yet. i've never been clingy, and i don't want to start now. i know harry said that he was going to be out with his friends, but he always ends up pulling some sort of prank on me that i wake up to in the morning because i fall asleep waiting for him to come home.

 all my thoughts that seem to be invading my head just suddenly stop when i hear the apartment door open and close. i get up off the mattress on the floor, and walk into the hallway.

 "harry?" i ask quietly.

 i see harry turn around with 4 large bags in his hand. "effie, what're you still doing awake?"

 i blush, "i was uh, i was waiting for you to come home.." i trail off, feeling my cheeks become even hotter.

 "you'd think after 15 years of knowing each other, you'd stop blushing over simple things." harry smiles gently.

 "nothing, never mind. let's just go to bed, yeah?" i state with a small smile on my face so he knows i'm not trying to sound like a complete bitch.

 ignoring harry's protests and groans, i head back to the mattress on the floor of our apartment, and snuggle into the warm comforters.

 "effie, please." i turn around to see harry sticking out his bottom lip.

 i shake my head. "no, harry."

 i hear him mutter, "fine."

 the rest of the night i didn't hear another complaint from harry, and i fell into a blissful sleep.

. . .

 i wake up to the vibration of my phone, and know i've received a text message,

 without checking if harry is still beside me, i speak. "harry, can you get my phone, please?"

 when i get no answer, i finally decide to reach over to find the other side of the mattress empty. i lift myself on my elbows and grab my phone from the windowsill. 

 i open the text message:

  from: harry .x

   Will you marry me?

 i let out a scoff, instantly replying.

  to: harry .x

   No.

 i instantly get a text message back.

 from: harry .x

  What? Why?

 of course i love harry, but him asking me to marry him over a text message isn't exactly enough.

 to: harry .x

  You're asking me to marry you over a text message.

 i don't receive a text back from harry after that, and i feel a pang of guilt for denying him of marriage..

---------------------------------------------------

omgomgomg

  I finally finished the first chapter of marry me, and I'm so excited to hear feed back c:

  I'm going to change my name to teenlord, I like it a bit better than lordnat, so..

ohohohoh

  thank you all for voting and commenting <3

harry's thirst is real.