e l e v e n t h

I'm so sorry in advance, especially to Heffie (ship name)

songs recommended being played while reading:

bleeding out by: imagine dragons

no light, no light by: florence + the machine

kiss with a fist by: florence + the machine

hurricane drunk by: florence + the machine

resistance by: muse

  5 months later..

  e f f i e

     harry had been coming home less and less. his excuses just kept getting weaker and weaker each time. yesterday his excuse was, "too much work."

     everytime he called or texted me that he was going to stay late, i just replied with, "mhm" or "yeah alright, see you later."

     our relationship was falling apart from the seams, and my every part of me was going down with it.

      the tears fell freely down my cheeks, the warm temperature and the saltiness not bothering me. i didn't bother to wipe them. this was a daily thing for me to do; what my body was accustomed to.

      harry has never thankfully walked in or noticed me in this state.

      our love was our resistance,  no one could break us down. in the end, it was us that broke each other; broke me from the inside out.

      my legs finally give up from the lack of strength i have left in them; in any part of my body. i collapse on the carpeted floor, still sobbing and barely breathing.

      it was obvious that harry was doing something behind my back, and it definitely wasn't a good surprise this time.

● ● ●

      i walk down the sidewalk to the nearest bar; i didn't even bother to change or put makeup on to cover the bags under my tired eyes.

      opening the door to the entrance and finding myself a seat, i plop myself onto the seat, while waiting for whoever the bartender was to ask me what i wanted.

       "so what would you like, tonight?" a man asks from behind the the desk; the bartender.

       "the strongest you have, please." i give him a small smile.

       "you know, whatever you're going through, don't let drinking be the answer to the problems. i can tell you're a smart girl, don't waste your mind." the man winks before going to go get my drink.

       i keep to myself as i look around the bar, spotting a familiar face and an unfamiliar one.

       he is in so much trouble.

       i jump off the stool; pulling down my shorts a little so they don't make me look desperate or like i want to shag.

       i sneak behind harry and tap his shoulder; him not noticing as he is kissing a brunette's neck.

       it takes a few more taps for harry to notice something. 

       "holy fuck! stop tapping me!" he yells, neck veins popping out.

       harry looks down at me; his eyes not softening. "what the fuck are you doing here?"

       i smile light, trying to make myself seem oblivious to the twat behind him with a huge hickey on her neck.  "just came down here to give you a kiss."

        harry smiles a wide smile and dips his head down like nothing's wrong. as he closes his eyes, i raise my fist and punch his mouth, my fist also connecting with his nose. Good.

        "fuck! what was that for?" he yells, rubbing his bleeding lip and checking his nose.

        i snort, "you're seriously asking that? you've known me for 15 years, asshole. you should've known that i was going to figure out that you were cheating on me!"

        i walk away, completely done with him; our relationship.

        "effie, wait!" i hear harry exclaim.

        i stop, curious as to what he's going to say. "what?"

        "what about that kiss?" he smirks, not one ounce of guilt in his gleaming, green eyes that i used to look into with admiration.

        i step forward and bring my fist to his groin. "a kiss with a fist is better than none, baby."

        i quickly hurry out the door, and make my way to the apartment. i grab my suitcase, and throw any piece of clothing that will fit.

                 it's time to go.

------------------------------

Cried at some parts tbh.

   Please don't kill me, PLEASE..

I NEED YOUR FEEDBACK. I MEAN IT.