e p i l o g u e

Question for a GOOD surprise at the end :)

1 week later...

  h a r r y

      i wake up on the floor, head pounding for what seems like the 6th time this week.

      effie left and i don't know where she's  gone to. i've checked in with all her friends, but i doubt that they'd tell me, anyways.

      work was getting too much; that was the truth. but slowly through the past few months, i started getting high and getting away from the stress from work.

       what i didn't realize was that effie was and still is my drug; my antidepressant.

       my mind was fucked up that night, i was aware of my actions; i just couldn't control them, and god am i sorry for hurting her.

       some people say that when someone you love cheats, and then apologizes; they never really loved you. in some cases in relationships, that's exactly true. but in effie and i's case; it's not.

       i haven't stopped loving her, and that's the problem. if she ever stopped loving me, or if she loved me, but wanted to get away from me; i wouldn't let her do it. the selfish side of me would beg her to stay; beg her to give me another chance.

  e f f i e

    i click the "select" button as i choose a date to schedule a court case.

    if i hadn't spent 5 months balling my eyes out everytime harry left, i wouldn't be grabbing these sheets; i wouldn't being staying in a hotel across town and wondering, "what happened?"

    everything was perfect; in order. i guess that "honeymoon phase" was over. that time to enjoy ourselves, to not worry about our problems outside of the area.

    i pace around the hotel room with my phone in hand. i have nothing to do.

    i already did my work hours, and there's really nothing else for me to do. who would've thought that i'd have nothing to do without harry? certainly not me.

    i walk over to my suitcase, unzipping it and looking through the items i've packed. i look at a yellow packet filled with organized papers and carefully set it down.

   this is why oblivion is feared. you don't know what's going to happen next; what or who you're going to hit when you take a turn. there's no way of knowing if you hit or missed something.

   the fear of confronting harry hasn't faded over the week; one part of me says that i should forgive him and continue to love him; but the other side says that i should think of how i felt when he practically neglected me every night.

   it's time i face harry.

● ● ●

   i take the lift up to harry and i's floor in the apartment building; i really hope i don't regret this.

   i knock on our apartment door, already hearing things being tossed around from the other side. i knock a few more times before i take out the key and unlock the door.

   "harry, i need to talk to you..." i trail of as my mouth agapes from the sight.

   beer bottles are spread throughout our living room floor. harry's sitting on the couch just staring at the wooden floor.

   "harry, are you alright?" i ask gently.

   his head snaps up, making a cracking noise. "effie?"

   i nod my head, taking out papers that say, "FILE FOR DIVORCE "

   "i need you to sign this..."

-----------------------------
   So uh. Marry Me is officially over.

  Would you guys read the sequel, "Divorce Me"?

  Love you, sorry </3