f o u r t h

rabbit heart by: florence and the machine

e f f i e

 i've never really had nightmares when i was younger. dreams were so much more frequent, that i barely even knew what it felt like to envision a frightening scene. 

it's 8 a.m, and harry has been question me for the past hour about what happened, and i haven't answered him at all.

 "effie, please tell me." harry pleads, desperation practically dripping from his voice.

 i nod my head, finally giving up my tough act. "i-it was about you, and you turned into this psychotic killer because i've been denying your proposals."

 i look in the corner of my eye to see harry's mouth agape. "it was just a nightmare, i would never get angry enough from you denying me, to murder."

 "i know, i know.. i'm sorry." i finally look up at him.

 "oh."

 a silence that i wish wasn't so awkward, takes over the room, and clouding my brain with so many thoughts and mistakes i have made.

 "i'm going to go out, ef." harry states, though his tone is a little sketchy.

 "alright." i decide not to question him, he's already had so much bullshit from me, and i doubt he can bare to hear my questions about his where he's going.

____________________________________

h a r r y

 after heading out of effie and i's apartment, i decide to call in sick to my job, and head to the jewlery store, to get a proper ring. after thinking about this for awhile, i have come to realize that i haven't even picked out an engagement ring for effie to look at.

 i park in the parking lot for jared. normally i wouldn't go to some place like this, but i need to see the ring that i think effie would love, in person. 

 i smoothly slide of the the giant, black suv, and head to the front door. 

 a woman sales associate practically skips over to me. "hello, sir, what are you looking for today?"

 i clear my throat before speaking, "just an engagement ring for my girlfriend."

 her eyes widen. "i have the perfect ring!"

 she leads me to the counter in front of the store, and opens a glass-sliding-door, and pulls out a victorian style ring that holds a diamond. 

 "does she like diamonds?"

 i think about it for a second not sure if effie is a fan of diamonds. "sure."

 the woman nods, "alright. well does she seem like a victorian-style gal?"

 i snort, "no, definitely not."

 she nods, "then i have the perfect ring."

 after waiting for the woman to come back from the back of the store, she places a dark purple velvet box on the glass counter. "i guarantee you and your girl will love this ring."

 she opens the box, and it reveals are diamond ring that looks like it has flower petals surrounding the diamond. i look up at the woman, "this is absolutely perfect."

-----------------------------------------------------------

short chapter, but double update c:

so last chapter revolved around effie's nightmare. i'm sorry for those of you who were confused. the reason she had this nightmare was because of the guilt she felt for denying harry.

now that that's cleared up, have a nice rest of the day (or night) c: