t h i r d

sweetheart, what have you done to us by: keaton henson

e f f i e

 "effie!" i hear harry's muffled voice through the door.

 i pull my head up from between my palms. "yes, harry?"

 "would you come out here a minute?"

 i nod my head, not caring if he can see my response or not. as i lift my body from the now heated tiles of the bathroom floor, i hear the clicking of harry's shoes travel away from the door.

 pulling the door open, i walk out into the main hallway, looking left and right, and heading to the right, following the previous sounds of harry's boots.

 "harry?" i question quietly.

 i look around, confused. "harry, where did you go, love?"

 i can hear the pads of my feet hit the wood floors as i pace through the rooms of our house.

 "harry?" i say just above a whisper.

 i feel a heavy-heated breath on my neck. "boo."

 i jump, and place my hand over my heart to try and steady my breathing. "jesus, harry, you scared the fuck out of me."

 turning around, i notice he doesn't look the same. his eyes are completely black, and he has tattoos on his neck. he doesn't speak, he just stares for awhile.

 "check outside."

 i nod my head, obeying what he says because the level of fright i have captured within my body is off the charts.

 looking out the window, i don't spot anything unusual—until i look down. a gasp slipss from my lips, and i hear a dark chuckle from behind me.

 "do you like it, sweetheart?"

 i don't respond, my gaze is fixed on the words, will you marry me? imprinted on the snow with blood.

 "i asked you a question, darling. do you like it?" harry's voice is almost—taunting.

 i shake my head no, not registering in my head that harry is this new person; that he's someone that can and most likely will instantly snap my neck, and bury my body under the house.

 "wrong answer." he smiles wickedly, the gleam in his eye glistening in the darkest way possible.

 he steps forward, grasping both of my wrists tightly. "you think you can keep denying my proposals? do you know how hard i've worked to keep this relationship healthy, and when i say i want to spend the rest of my life with you, i get a no?"

 i open my mouth to say something, but nothing comes out and i instantly close it shut, wanting harry to get to the point of everything.

 "do you have something to say, dear?" he smirks, his voice maintaining a taunting tone.

 "i-is that blood?" i almost whisper.

 "what do you think?"

 "i think it's b-blood.."

 "you're finally right about something, sweetheart, congratulations." he whispers, and i can see a faint smile, but i know it's not the gentle nor kind smile—it's pure wicked.

 harry pulls his hand from behind his back, a glint of a knife shining in the moonlight.

 as harry brings the knife to my throat, i can feel myself accepting this fate. i've caused him so much pain by refusing his proposals, that it's pushed him to become a psychotic murderer.

  "love you, darling." he smirks before the blade makes contact with my throat. 

 that's when everything freezes. the world around me is peaceful, and it's like i'm being sucked in through a vortex. a gasps springs itself from my mouth as my eyes fly open.

 "effie? are you alright?" i hear harry's desperate call from behind me.

 i shake my head no. "i'm sorry, i'm so sorry."

 "w-what? why are you sorry?"

 i let the question register to my head, but i never answer. i just throw myself at him, and pull him into a hug, hoping he'll never let me go.

------------------------------------------------------------

well that was an interesting chapter...

 could i please have feedback in the comments, again?  i absolutely love all the comments c:

i hope you all have a great day :D