Part 6

Kiara's POV

I woke up the next morning feeling sick. I walked out of the cave to a bush, and threw up. What's wrong with me?
I walked behind pride rock, and found Vitani. I walked over to her. "Hey Vitani".

Vitani smiled, "Hey Kiara, are you okay?"

I shook my head, "No, I feel sick".

"Maybe you should go see Rafiki", said Vitani.

"No, I'm fine". I started feeling dizzy.

"Okay, That's it I'm taking you to Rafiki whether you like it or not".

Vitani jumped off the rock she was laying on. She walked with me to Rafiki's tree. When we got there we saw Rafiki in his tree.

"Rafiki!", Vitani called.

Rafiki climbed down his tree, "what can I do for you?".

"Kiara isn't feeling well, could you find out what's wrong?".

Rafiki smiled, "of course I can".

Rafiki started checking me.

"Aha, I found the problem, Kiara's pregnant".

"I am?".

Rafiki nodded, "yes".

"Congratulations Kiara", said Vitani as she gave me a hug.

I smiled, "Thanks Tani".

"I can't wait to see the look on Kovu's face when you tell him".

"Let's go back to pride rock, and wait for him to  come home, and then I'll tell him the news", I said.

"Okay".

Vitani and I walked back to pride rock. When we got there I saw my parents waiting for me. They had sad expressions on there faces. I walked up to them. "Mom, dad, what's wrong?".

"I'm sorry Kiara, Kovu was ambushed by a clan of hyenas, he managed to make it back here, but then he collapsed. We moved him into he cave", said mom.

"Vitani go get Rafiki", I said as I quickly made my way into the cave. I saw Kovu laying on the ground. I walked over to him. "Kovu?" He didn't respond. I laid down next to him. "Please Kovu, you can't leave me". Tears started rolling down my cheeks. I heard someone enter the cave. It was Rafiki and Vitani. Rafiki made his way over to Kovu. I watched as Rafiki put some medicine on Kovu's wounds. "Is he going to be okay?".

Rafiki smiled, "he'll be fine".

After Rafiki finished putting on the medicine he left. Vitani also left to go help the hunting party catch breakfast. I staid next to Kovu, and wouldn't leave for anything. It wasn't long before I heard someone walk into the cave. I turned around and saw Vitani standing there.

"We just returned with breakfast", said Vitani.

"I'm not leaving this cave until Kovu is better".

"Okay", said Vitani as she walked out of the cave.

I turned my attention back to Kovu, a few minutes later I here someone walk into the cave again. I turned around, and saw Vitani at the entrance of the cave, with a chunk of meat in her mouth. Vitani walked up to me and dropped the meat at my feet.

"You should eat", said Vitani.

I smiled, "Thanks Vitani". I started eating my meat. Suddenly I heard Kovu groan. I stopped eating and turned to Kovu. "Kovu?". I watched as Kovu opened his eyes.

Kovu groaned, "Kiara?".

"Kovu you're awake". I nuzzled Kovu. "I was so worried". I grabbed the rest of my meat and placed it in front of Kovu.

"Thanks Kiara".

"Kiara isn't there something you wanted to tell Kovu?", asked Vitani.

"It can wait", I said. Kion walked into the cave.

Kion smiled, "Kovu, you're awake. Now maybe we can get Kiara out of the cave".

"Try it, and I'll bite you!", I growled.

"Kion, you might not want to move Kiara", said Vitani.

"But Vitani she won't even come out to eat", said Kion.

It's okay Kion, I'll bring food for her and Kovu every morning".

I smiled, "Thanks Vitani".

"You're welcome".

I curled up beside Kovu, and fell asleep, but I wish I hadn't I had a terrible nightmare.
I opened my eyes, everything was black. I saw a figure laying not far from where I was standing. I walked over to him. I gasped, it was Kovu. He wasn't breathing, he was dead.
"No!", I screamed as I awoke. I looked outside my guess is that it was early afternoon.

"Kiara are you okay?", asked Kovu.

I smiled, "I'm fine". I heard someone enter the cave. It was Vitani.

"Have you told him yet?", Vitani asked.

"Maybe I should tell him later".

"Tell me what?", asked Kovu.

"Nothing".

"Kiara you should just tell him", said Vitani.

"I'm going to tell him when he's better".

Vitani rolled her eyes, "Fine".

"Who's patrolling the pride lands?", asked Kovu.

I smiled, "No one, but I'll do it for you". I headed towards the exit.

"No way, you're definitely not doing any patrolling", said Kovu. "It's to dangerous".

"You're even more stubborn when you're hurt", I mumbled.

"I'll do it", said Vitani.

"Thanks Vitani", said Kovu.

I walked back over to Kovu's side and laid down. "Why are you so over protective?".

"Because I love you and I don't want you getting hurt", said Kovu.

"I love you too and when you got hurt I was so worried that I wouldn't leave the cave". Suddenly I felt sick to my stomach. I quickly got up and ran out of the cave and threw up. I walked back into the cave.

"Are you okay?", asked Kovu.

"Yeah, I'm fine".

"You're lying".

"Okay, I haven't been feeling very good today".

"Did you go to Rafiki?".

"Yes, he said something that'll make you happy, but I'm going to tell you when you're better". The sun started setting. Kovu and I decided it was time we went to sleep.