Part 26

Karina's POV

I stared at the thing at my feet. It was some kind of liquid and it didn't look appetizing.

"Go on drink it, it's the only way for you to get your memories back," Rafiki said.

"Okay." I drank every last bit of the strange liquid. I started having flashbacks. My first flashback was me and another cub we were playing in a field when we started being chased by Hyena's. Then the flashback changed. I was playing with a lioness when the cub from the last flashback came up and asked if she could play. I agreed and she tackled the lioness to the ground. The lioness complimented her by saying that her father was training her well. Then a dark brown lion appeared. It was the king. She ran up to him and thanked him. I was looking at them longingly. The cub walked up to me and asked what was wrong. I told her that it was not fare that she got to spend so much time with dad. That must mean that the kings my father. A whole bunch of other flashbacks came. I eventually snapped out of it, but now I remember everything. I am princess Karina of the pride lands.

"So did it work?" Zarina asked.

"Yes, it worked," I said happily.

"Zarina I would like you to meet princess Karina," Rafiki said.

Zarina's eyes widened, "that can't be, but how."

"When you and Karina were being chased by Hyena's she managed to get away but got knocked out which was the cause of her amnesia, but when the hyenas came back Jack saved her," Rafiki explained.

"But, what about the blood my parents found the night Karina went missing?" Zarina asked

"The blood was from Karina's head injurie," Rafiki said.

Zarina turned to me, "so that means, you're my sister."

I smiled, "it would seem so." Zarina nuzzled me. Tears are streaming down her cheeks.

"I've missed you so much," Zarina Said.

"I've missed you too," I said.

"Come on, we need to tell mom and dad," Zarina said.

I nodded, "Yeah, let's go." We were about to get going when I heard something, it was laughing. "Zarina did you hear that?"

"Yes, I did."

Hyena's started surrounding us. "Zarina, what do we do, we're surrounded?"

"I don't know."

"Stay back!" I growled. A Hyena lunged at me. It bit my leg, I roared in pain.

"Karina, are you okay?" Zarina asked.

"No my leg, I don't think I'll be able to run." The hyenas were getting ready for another attack when there was a loud roar. A huge lion jumped over the hyenas. I realized it was Coltan.

"I suggest you Hyenas go back to where you came from, because you awoke me and now I'm in a fowl mood!" Coltan Growled.

"Haha, there's only one of you and a a hole clan of us," said a Hyena.

That's when Coltan decided to attack. He pounced on the hyena that just spoke and scratched him across the face. Then he attacked the other hyenas. I had never seen Coltan this mad. He managed to kill five out of ten hyenas. The remaining Hyenas turned tail and ran. Coltan turned to us.

"Are you girls okay?" Coltan asked.

"Yeah, we're fine," I said. Coltan nuzzled me. "Thanks for saving us."

Coltan smiled, "You're welcome, but what are you two doing up so early?"

"I had to convince Rafiki to tell me who I am and I asked Zarina to come with me."