Part 33

Karina's POV

I followed Zarina out of the cave the next morning. She said that she had something important to talk to me about. "So, what exactly did you want to talk to me about? And why couldn't Coltan come?"

"Because I need to talk to you about something."

"What is it?"

"I want you to understand that I gave this a lot of thought and even told mom and dad that I think this would be best for the Pride Lands."

"Okay, what is it?" Zarina turned and faced me.

"I think you should be come queen."

I looked at her for a moment. "What?!"

"I know it sounds crazy, but I think you'd make a way better queen than me."

"But you've trained for this your hole life, and I haven't."

"Yeah, but I'm sure that you'll make a wonderful queen."

"But I can't, I can't just take away your right to the throne."

"Yes you can, I want you to be the queen."

"But you're aware that if I became queen, then Coltan would become king?"

"Yes, I'm fully aware of that."

"Zarina, there's something I need to tell you."

"What is it?" Zarina asked.

"I wanted you to know that Coltan and I started talking about marriage last night and decided that maybe it would be a great idea if Coltan and I got married the same day that you and Koda do."

Zarina smiled, "I think that's a good idea."

"Do you still hate Coltan?"

"Of course I do, but I'm willing to put up with him for you."

I smiled, "thanks Zarina."

"Hey have you told mom and dad that you and Coltan want to get married?" Zarina asked.

"Um, not yet."

"Well then you had better go tell them."

I nodded, "You're right. I should probably go do that. I'll talk to you later." I ran off and went looking for Coltan. I found him sitting behind pride rock talking with a few lionesses. I don't know why, but I felt jealous. "Coltan!" Coltan looked up at me.

"Oh hey Karina."

Coltan hopped off the rock he was sitting on and walked over to me.

"So did you need something?"

I glared at him, "who are they?"

"You mean Star and Jade they're just some lionesses I met. They're a couple months younger than us. Why were you asking?"

I looked away from him, "no reason."

"Were you jealous?"

I shook my head, "what?! No!"

Coltan was smirking at me, "are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure," I grumbled.

"So what did you need?"

"We need to talk to my parents and tell them that we want to get married."

Coltan nodded, "right. Okay, let's go."

Coltan and I walked into pride rock. "Mom? Dad?"

"Yes sweetie?" Mom asked.

"Coltan and I have been talking and we've decided we want to get married," I said.

Mom smiled, "really? Well I approve. How about you Kovu?"

"Of course I approve, he's saved our daughter more than once."

I smiled, "thanks mom, thanks dad."

"So when do you two want to get married?" Dad asked.

"We've been talking and we want to get married the same day as Zarina and Koda."

"Really?" Mom asked. "But that's only a couple of weeks away."

I smiled, "we know."

"Did Zarina talk to you yet?" Dad asked.

I sighed, "yes she did, but I can't help but feel like she's making a mistake."

"What are you guys talking about?" Coltan asked.

Mom sighed, "Zarina has decided to step down from the throne."

"What? But then that means that Karina is going to be the queen."

Mom nodded, "yes, Zarina thought that Karina would make a better queen than her."

Coltan sighed, "oh."

"And seeing as Karina is going to be the queen then you're going to be the king," Dad said. "Which means that you'll be spending a lot of your time with me."

"Great," Coltan said rolling his eyes.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?"

Coltan smiled, "of course not your majesty."

We all started laughing. "Come on Coltan, let's go." Coltan and I left the cave. We sat at the edge of pride rock. I noticed that the two lionesses that were talking with Coltan earlier were watching him. I glared at them.

"What's wrong?"

"They're looking at you."

"Who?"

"Those two lionesses from before," I grumbled. Coltan turned around. He smiled at them. I turned my attention away from him.

"You know, you're really cute when you're jealous."

I turned to him, "what? I'm not jealous."

"Okay, well if you're not jealous, then I'm going to go talk to them."

"Wait, don't. Fine you win, I'm jealous." Coltan sat back down.

"I don't understand why you're so jealous."

"It's simple, I don't like other lionesses talking to you."

"Seriously? How do you think I felt yesterday when we were playing truth or dare. Two lions confessed there love to you, not to mention that one of them actually kissed you."

"Wait you were jealous?"

"Of course I was jealous, what lion wouldn't be jealous if their girlfriend was kissed by another lion!"

At this point Coltan was yelling at me, and it was scary. "I'm sorry, I really am. I didn't no I hurt you." Tears started streaming down my face. Coltan calmed down.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry."

Coltan nuzzled me, "Coltan, I really am sorry, but next time will you please tell me when you're upset?"

"Of course."

Coltan leaned forward and kissed me. Coltan pulled away. "Can we at least do something about them?" I asked motioning to the two lionesses who were once again looking at Coltan.

"There not hurting anything."

"There looking at you," I complained.

"What? Now other lionesses aren't even aloud to look at me?"

"Of course, you're mine after all." Coltan started laughing. "Why are you laughing?"

"It's just, I've never seen this side of you before. I mean the jealous side, I've seen your weak side more times than I can remember. I think I've even seen your weak side more than your strong side."

I elbowed him, "oh be quiet." He started laughing and it wasn't long before I joined him.