Part 40

Zarina's POV

I walked around exploring our new home. Suddenly something pounced on me. It was Koda. "Koda, what are you doing?"

"You looked deep in thought, so I decided to interrupt. "

"Okay, well could you get off me?"

"Nope."

"What? Come on Koda, please get off." I tried pushing him off me, but he was to heavy. Koda nuzzled me. Koda finally got off me. "Have you seen my sister at all today?"

"Yeah, last time I saw her she was in the cave with Coltan."

"Okay. She was still asleep when I woke up so I haven't talked to her today. How did she look."

"She looked much better. Do you want to head back and see for yourself?"

"Okay." Koda and I walked back to the cave. When we got there I saw Coltan and Karina in the cave. "Karina, how are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling much better," Karina said.

"That's good. Where's mom and dad?"

"They went with the lion guard to think of an idea of how to get our home back."

"Karina, even if mom and dad figure out a way to get our home back I think it would be best if we waited till your cubs are born to get our home back."

"Yeah, mom told me that once they have an idea, they won't do anything until my cubs are born."

"Okay, that's good. So are you doing anything right now?"

Karina shook her head, "No."

"Do you want to go to the watering hole with me?" I asked.

"Sure."

"Awesome." Karina and I left the boys and headed to the watering hole. When we got to the watering hole we laid down. "I think we should hang out more."

"I agree."

"Karina! Zarina!"

Karina and I turned around. Mom was running toward us. "Hey mom, do you need something?"

"Yeah. Your father and I came up with an idea."

"Okay, what is it?" I asked.

"I'll tell you when we get back to the cave."

"Okay." Karina and I followed mom back to the cave. When we got there we saw dad waiting for us.

"Good you found them," dad said.

"So what is the plan?" I asked

"The lion guard has agreed to train the pride so then in three months once Karina's cubs are born we can take back the pride lands."

"Will everyone be training?" Karina asked.

Dad nodded, "yes, except you. Seeing as you're pregnant it wouldn't be good for your cubs if you were to train."

Karina nodded, "Okay, that makes sense."

"So are we free to go?" I asked.

"Yeah, you two can go. I'm going to let the rest of the pride know the plan," dad said.

Karina and I walked away. "So do you want to spend the rest of the day together?"

Karina smiled, "sure."

"So what do you want to do?" I asked.

"I don't know, let's just wonder."

"Okay." Karina and I wondered around. "This is fun."

"Once we leave this place, I think I might miss it," Karina said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, this is going to be where my cubs are going to be born."

"That makes sense." My ears twitched and I stopped.

"Zarina, what's wrong?" Karina asked.

"Karina, stay behind me."

"Why? What's going on?"

Three Hyenas walked out of the bushes. "Stay back!"

"Aren't you feisty," The first Hyena said.

"I said stay back!"

The second Hyena smiled, "Make us."

One of the Hyenas pounced on me. It bit and scratched me. I managed to push the Hyena off. "Karina, you need to get out of here."

"But I can't leave you."

"Karina, go now!"

"Okay."

Karina ran away, she ran in the direction of the cave.

"Go after her," one of the hyenas growled.
I pounced on one of the hyenas. The hyena pushed me off of her. The three hyenas surrounded me. There was a loud roar and a lion jumped in front of me. It was Koda. Koda scared off the hyenas. Koda turned to me.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for coming."

Koda smiled, "of course. We should head back to the cave."       

"Okay." Koda and I made our way back to the cave. When we got back I saw that Karina was waiting for me.

"I'm so glad you're okay," Karina said nuzzling me. "Thanks for protecting me."

I smiled, "Of course, you're my sister."

"Are you okay?" Karina asked.

"Yeah, I'm just a little tired. I think I'm going to get some rest." I walked into the cave and laid down. It didn't take long before I fell asleep.