Part 16

3 months later

Zarina's POV

It's been three months since my sister died, but it's also been three months since my mom revealed to me that she was pregnant. I'm going to have another sister or brother, and I swear that I'll protect them no matter what. I won't let what happened to Karina happen to my younger sibling or siblings. My mother is due any day now. Today I was sitting behind pride rock when I heard a scream. It was my mother. It sounded like the scream came from inside the cave. I quickly ran into the cave. When I got into the cave I saw my mother was laying on the ground. Vitani and my grandma were sitting next to her. My mother was breathing heavily. "Vitani what's wrong with my mom?"

"You're mom has just gone into labor," said Vitani.

"Zarina go get your father," said grandma.

"Okay." I quickly ran out of the cave in search of my father. I found my dad patrolling the pride lands. "Dad!"

My dad turned around, "hi sweetie, what's wrong?"

"Mom, she's in labor," I said. Before I could say anything else my dad was already half way back to pride rock. When I arrived back at pride rock I saw my dad sitting next to my mom. Rafiki was also in the cave. He was stroking my mothers head trying to calm her down.

"Kiara, you'll be okay," said Rafiki.

"It hurts," mom complained.

"I know Kiara, but you can do this," said Rafiki.

I walked over to my mother, and sat next to her.

"Kiara, you've done this before when you gave birth to Zarina and Karina," said Rafiki.

"I know, but I'm still scared. What happens if something happens to the cub like what happened to Karina?"

"No mom, nothing is going to happen to the cub, I'll protect them with my life if I have too," I said.

"You raised a brave cub Kiara," said Rafiki.

Mom smiled weakly, "Kovu taught her everything she knows."

"Dad may have helped me become brave, but you've taught me things too. You've taught me to always be polite, and I'm sure you taught me other things," I said. I kept on talking to my mom to try and calm her down. It wasn't long before she was holding not one but two cubs. A boy and a girl. The oldest was the boy. He had orangish cream fur like my mother, Emerald green eyes like my dad, and a brown tail tuffed. The girl had dark brown fur like my father, red eyes like my mother, and a brownish red tail tuffed. "Aww, there so cute. What are you going to name them?"

Mom smiled, "You're father and I have decided to name the boy Xander."

"And what about the girl?" I asked.

"Zarina, I think you should name the girl," said mom.

I smiled, "okay, I want to name her Juniper."

"That's a beautiful name," said mom.

I smiled, "I promise I'll protect them, I'm not going to loose another sibling."

Dad smiled, "your so brave, and responsible. We know that as long as Xander and Juniper have a sister like you, they'll be safe, but I also want you to be careful, and if something happens, roar."

"Okay, dad. I can't wait till there old enough to go outside." I smiled down at my new siblings. "Dad? Mom? Is it okay if I go and find my friends?"

"Sure," said dad.

I walked out of the cave. I went in search of my friends. I looked all over but I couldn't find them. I decided to check the watering hole. I was almost to the watering hole when I heard laughing. I turned my head, and saw four Hyenas. "Who are you?"

"What you don't remember us?" Asked the first Hyena.

There voices did sound familiar, my stomach did summer-salts when I remembered who they were. "Your the Hyenas that killed my sister."

"Right, you are," said the second Hyena. (A/N, the Hyenas aren't going to tell Zarina that her sister is still alive.)

"How dare you show your faces in the pride lands. You Hyenas are cruel, you took my younger sister away from me," I said with tears rolling down my cheeks.

"What are you going to do about it?" Asked the third Hyena.

"Yeah, there's four of us and only one of you," said the fourth Hyena.

I stood my ground," I don't care, get out of the pride lands."

"Make us," said the second Hyena.

The Hyenas started running at me. I tried my best to fight, but there were four of them and only one of me. I was getting weaker by the second. I finally couldn't do it anymore, I fell to the ground. The hyenas were about to pounce on me when I heard someone shouting.

"Hey leave her alone!"

Someone jumped in front of me. It was Koda. Koda has really grown in the past three months, he's even started growing his main. Koda started fighting the Hyenas. It wasn't long before the hyenas gave up and ran back to the out-lands. Koda quickly turned his attention to me.

"Zarina are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said weakly.

Koda smiled, "You're a very brave lioness."

I smiled weakly. I tried to stand, but I fell back down. I was to weak.

"Don't worry Zarina, I'll carry you," said Koda.

Koda lifted me onto his back, and he started walking back to pride rock. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, Princess," said Koda.

"Please Don't call me that, You're my best friend and I hate when you call me princess."

"Okay, I'll stop."

When we finally arrived at pride rock Koda set me down inside the cave. My mom was so worried. As soon as she saw me she sent Vitani to go get Rafiki. When Rafiki arrived the only thing he said was that I needed to rest. Everyone left me alone so I could get some rest. It wasn't long before I was fast asleep.