Part 12

Zarina's POV

The sun was starting to rise. I ran out of the cave, and stood at the edge of pride rock. I was about to go when I heard someone.

"I don't think you're parents want you going off on your own", someone said.

I turned my head. It was aunt Vitani. "Hi aunt Vitani, I was just going to get a drink", I said trying to make me sound believable.

Aunt Vitani smiled, "Okay, well I'll go with you".

I groaned, "okay". We walked to the watering hole. When we got there I took a drink. "Aunt Vitani?"

"Yes?"

"I hope I grow up to be as fearless as my dad and as beautiful as my mom".

Aunt Vitani smiled, "there is something you're dad is scared of".

"What's that?"

"Loosing his family. I have never seen your father more scared than the day he almost lost your mother".

Suddenly someone ran into me, it was Karina. "Karina what's wrong?"

"Come quick", Karina said as she ran off.

Me and aunt Vitani ran after Karina. Karina stopped suddenly and I ran into her. "Karina, what's going on?"

"Look", she said pointing.

I looked to where she was pointing. To my surprise I saw my parents fighting. "Aunt Vitani we need to do something".

Aunt Vitani laughed, "no we don't. You're parents aren't fighting there playing".

"Adults play?" I asked

"Of course".

I accidentally stepped on a stick. My dad quickly turned his head. He smiled when he saw us.

"Hey Vitani, Zarina and Karina", said dad.

"What are you three doing", mom asked.

"We were just watching you", said Karina.

"They thought you were fighting", said aunt Vitani.

Mom smiled, "oh, don't worry you two You're father and I hardly ever fight".

I smiled, "okay, well I'm going to go find Koda".

"Zarina and Koda sitting in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G, first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a cub in the cubby cave", Karina sang.

I turned around. "Eww, that is so gross. Koda and I are just friends". I turned back around and went to go look for him. I found him playing with some of my other friends. I walked up to them. "Hey everyone". They looked over at me.

"Hey Zarina", said Ashley.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked.

"Playing, Do you want to join?" Koda asked.

"Sure, what are you guys playing?"

"We're playing tag", said Vitara.

I smiled, "Awesome, Who's it?"

"Koda is", said Nick.

We all spread out, and started running around. Koda tagged me, and I tagged Kota. The game continued for a while, until we finally got tired.
"I'm going to go find Karina". I walked off to go find my sister. I found my sister sitting at the watering hole looking sad. I walked up to her. "What's wrong?"

Karina sighed, "I just feel left out. I've been by myself since you left to go play with your friends. All my friends are busy."

"Well you could've asked if you could play with us, but I'm sorry if I made you feel left out."

Karina smiled, "I forgive you."

I nuzzled my sister. "So what do you want to do?"

"Let's go find uncle Kion, maybe we'll get to see him use the roar."

I smiled, "okay." We started walking away when we heard laughter. We turned around. There were Hyenas, they were surrounding us. "Karina run!" Karina started to run I tried to hold them back best I could but there were to many. I turned around and ran in the same direction that Karina had ran in. I accidentally tripped and fell. A hyena was about to pounce on me, suddenly there was a loud roar my dad jumped in front of me. He started fighting them. He managed to scare them away. When he was sure they were gone he turned to me.

"Where is Karina?" Dad asked.

"She was right in front of me," I said looking around in search of Karina, but she was nowhere in sight. My baby sister was missing.

"Let's get home. I'll gather the lionesses and we'll find Karina," said dad.

"Okay daddy," I said. We walked back to pride rock. When we got back I saw my mo waiting for us. She had a look of concern on her face when she saw that Karina wasn't with us. She quickly made her way over to us.

"Where's Karina?" Mom asked frantically.

"Zarina and Karina were attacked by hyena's. I fought them off, but in the end we couldn't find her. I couldn't save her," said dad as tears began to fall down his cheeks.

"We have to go search for her," mom said frantically.

Dad nodded, "I'll go gather the other lionesses."

I watched as he walked away. Tears began to fall down my cheeks. I couldn't help it. I had just lost my little sister.

Kiara's POV

I looked down at my daughter. Tears were running down her cheeks. I was also crying. I had just lost one of my daughters. I nuzzled Zarina. "Don't worry Zarina we'll find her. You should get some rest."

Zarina nodded, "okay mommy."

I took Zarina into the cave. She laid down in a corner and fell asleep. I went outside to see if Kovu had gathered all the lionesses. I saw Kovu standing in front of a group of lionesses. He was giving orders. I walked up to him. He nuzzled me.

"Don't worry we'll find her."

I nodded, "I know." I watched as all the lionesses split up into groups and started searching. I searched with Kovu. We searched all night, but still there was no sign of my daughter. We were all about to head back when Kovu stopped suddenly. He was looking at something on the ground. It was blood. He sniffed it. Tears started running down his cheeks.

"It's Karina's."

Tears started flowing down my cheeks. "No she can't be gone."

"I'm sorry Kiara," Kovu said through tears. "Let's get back to Pride Rock. Zarina deserves to know that her younger sister is gone."

"You're right." As we walked back to pride rock the sun began to rise. When we got back Zarina was waiting for us.

"Did you find Karina," Zarina asked hopefully.

I shop my head, "No. I'm really sorry Zarina, but Karina is gone." Zarina began to cry.

"No she can't be gone." Zarina ran back into pride rock.

It was a sad time for everyone.