part 38

2 weeks later
Zarina's POV

It has been two and a half weeks since we left the pride lands and everyone is so tired of traveling. Karina has been getting sick a lot. I noticed that everyone around me had stopped. I walked up to my mother. "Mom, what's going on?"

"I think we found our new home."

I looked up, and what I saw amazed me. It was so beautiful. The fields were green, there are tones of trees and so many different animals. There was even the biggest watering hole that I had ever seen. There was also a cave, much bigger than the one on pride rock. "It's amazing."

"Everyone, welcome to our new home," dad announced.

We all entered our new home. I looked over at Karina, she looked like she was just as amazed I am. I walked up to her. "What do you think? Isn't this a perfect place to rase cubs?"

Karina nodded, "yes it's perfect. When are you and Koda going to have cubs?"

I looked away from her, "actually, we haven't even talked about it."

"Zarina as a parent is something I will never believe," Coltan said.

I glared at him, "are you trying to pick a fight with me?"

"Well you're usually the one who starts them, but this time I decide to insult you for a change."

Coltan and I growled at each other. Karina hit both me and Coltan on the head.

"You two need to stop."

"He started it," I said pointing at Coltan.

"I don't care who started it, I'm finishing it. Now I'm going to go look around. You two had better not fight."

Karina started walking away. Coltan ran up to her.

"I'll come with you."

Coltan and Karina walked away. Koda walked over to me.

"Hello sweetie."

"Hey Koda."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay." I laid down in the grass. "Koda, Do you think we'll ever return to the pride lands?"

Koda smiled, "I'm sure we will."

Tears streamed down my cheeks, "I wish we never had to leave."

"Please don't cry, Zarina. We are bound to return one day, we just need to be patient."

I stopped crying. "Yeah, you're right."

"So do you want to come with me to look around?" Koda asked.

I smiled, "Sure." I got up and followed Koda through our new home. "This place is a lot bigger than the pride lands."

"Do you want to head back and check out our new cave?" Koda asked.

"Sure." Koda and I walked to the cave. It amazed me at how big it was. "There is definitely a lot more room in here than in pride rock." I heard laughing. I turned around and saw Coltan and Karina walk in.

"Hello you two," Karina greeted.

She had a big smile on her face. I couldn't help but smile. She seemed so happy. I noticed that Karina was shaking. "Karina are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

Right as Karina said that she stumbled a little. The smile left her face.

"Karina, what's wrong?" Coltan asked worried.

Karina fell to the ground. She was breathing heavily. Something was wrong. "Coltan stay with Karina, I'm going to go get my parents and Rafiki." I dashed out of the cave. It didn't take me long to find my parents and it must've been my lucky day, because they were with Rafiki. "Mom! dad!" My parents turned around.

"Zarina, what's wrong?" My mom asked.

"It's Karina, she's sick." The four of us ran back to the cave. We walked in. Karina was on the ground breathing heavily. "Rafiki, what's wrong with her?" Rafiki walked up to Karina, he quietly examined her. Rafiki turned to us.

"Karina has a really high fever, I'm afraid Karina has caught a virus."

"A virus?" I asked.

"What about her cubs?" Mom asked.

"So far there fine. I'm going to give her some medicine to ensure the cubs safety."

Rafiki carefully had Karina drink something green.

"There's really no need to worry, Karina is going to be just fine," Rafiki Said.

Everyone sighed in relief. I sat down next to Karina she was fast asleep. She didn't look like she was in anymore pain. "Please wake up soon. I can't bare the thought of loosing you again. So please get better."