SAMPLE ENTRY: ORIGINAL POETRY

If you're not sure what this book is really about or what entries should like, we have some good news! Music & Audio's own AngusEcrivain has created a sample Original Poetry entry for you to look at!

AngusEcrivain performs "Gut the Rebels"

Interview Questions:

What does music mean to you?

Well that's a horribly difficult question to answer but y'know, I'll do my best... To be fair I think the phrase 'Music Is Life' kinda' sums it up for me. I'm always listening to music whether in driving, sleeping, writing, whatever... In fact the only occasions I don't have any tunes playing are when I'm working (though I'm not gonna' lie, there are one or two such times that I may or may not have had music playing!) and when I'm watching TV!

As a writer though, music means so much more. I was writing music (lyrics as well as actual music) long before it entered my head to try my hand at fiction. So I suppose in that sense, it means everything...

What inspired you to write this piece?

In another life, I was known as Big Daddy TK (by which I mean I'm the founder and for a long time was editor and frequent contributor to Ooorah 's Sci-Fi ezine, Tevun-Krus). It was suggested in a forum comment that we ought to feature SF poetry slams in our monthly issues, and whilst we didn't go quite that far, this piece (Gut the Rebels) was my poetic contribution the Pirate Punk issue of the 'zine.

The inspiration for it has always been clear to me... Every single Sci-Fi show I've ever watched (and that's a lotta' shows!) with probably an element of Pirates of the Caribbean thrown in for good measure, too!

What do you love about performing?

The connection with the crowd, however small a number of folk might be in attendance. I've played to less than 10 people and I've played in front of over 1,000. But that feeling, that buzz, it never changes and honestly, it's hugely addictive.

Who/what are your major artistic influences?

I have no great love for poetry, and I'm not even going to attempt to convince anyone otherwise. I do remember watching Craig Charles (Dave Lister from Red Dwarf or Lloyd, from Coronation Street) on a battered old VHS tape several years ago, during the performance he recited a great deal of his own poetry. I've not been able to get my hands on a copy of the performance, which is a shame, but it's always stuck with me!

Please give a big hand for AngusEcrivain!