Huntrezz54's Performance

In the Song Covers category, Huntrezz54 performs (sings) "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley!

Interview Questions:

Why did you choose to cover this song?

I chose to cover this song because it means so much to me. When I was young, Grans would sing this to me when I was sad to cheer me up. After Grans died, it became a fond memory of mine. It reminds me of all the good times I've had with my family, especially Grans and is a constant reminder that my family will love me, even after the storms that no one can weather. The song's soothing melody calms my mind and it tells such a simple yet powerful message: love will always prevail, be it platonic love, sisterly or brotherly love, romantic love or family love.

What does music mean to you?

To me, music is not just invisible squiggly lines that our ears just happen to pick up; it's a source of support and emotion that has the power to change one's life and reshape its meaning. Personally, it gave me strength when I was at my lowest point, guiding me to standing back up and live another day. Music is like a fountain: crystal clear and pure. It is an inspiration to me and I seek solace within melodies of love and joy. To me, music is a blessing and I am ever thankful for all the memories it creates.

What do you love about performing?

I adore performing! It's a great platform for you to shine and show your inner self. When I was small, I had a huge stage fright. I would cry on stage and forget my performance in front of unfamiliar and familiar faces. Now, as a dancer, singer and musical theatre performer, it's pretty funny to see my old self cowering from the spotlight. Standing on the stage, overlooking the crowd just gives me a sense of pride and happiness. I don't even know how to explain that...ecstasy would be somewhat similar? Every stage performance is unique and memorable, and I fully immerse myself into the performance every time.

Who/what are your major artistic influences?

Definitely Disney movies and musical theatres. I grew up in a family of Disney fanatics, so loving Disney is something in my blood. Some of my favourite Disney songs include "Reflection", "Colours of the Wind", "When You Wish Upon A Star". My all-time favourite Broadway singer is the great Lea Salonga. Her voice is so strong and clear, it's no surprise that she is able to voice for not one, but two Disney princesses. I am so happy to be able to see one of her concerts and take photos with her. Other than that, musicals like "Wicked", "Aladdin", "Hamilton" and "West Side Story" are huge influences in my life. People around me had also influenced me to continue singing and musical theatre. My vocal coach, Miss Shirley, played a huge part. She has been my mentor since I was a little kid and has accompanied me through various stages of my music career: from my show choir days to my vocal solo days and now, my musical theatre days. She encouraged me to take the advantage of performing and show my inner self to the audience and assisted me in overcoming stage frieght. My family also influenced me by looping Disney songs every single day and introduced me to a whole new world (see what I did there? ;))

Please give a big hand for Huntrezz54!