that_girl1929's Performance

In the Song Covers category, that_girl1929 performs (sings) "Heartache on the Big Screen" by 5 Seconds of Summer!

Interview Questions:

Why did you choose to cover this song?

I chose to cover this song as one of my closest friends introduced me to this band when we first met. The first conversation I remember having with her, she excitedly grabbed my hand and told me all about this song and band that have since become my favourite too. That was about four years ago, and she's still probably the closest friend I have. We recently went to a concert together of this band, and it was the best night of my life no doubt.

What does music mean to you?

My mum, aunt and grandad all play instruments, and for as long as I can remember there has always been music playing in my house. Music to me always makes me feel at home and safe and relaxed, and its through music I've made and kept some of my closest relationships, and through music that I hope to make a career, through singing or guitar, maybe in a band.

What do you love about performing?

Performing has always been, to a degree, very difficult for me as I get extremely anxious getting up in front of people to speak, let along sing which is something I'm quite self conscious about. However, I love the adrenaline rush I get after performing and I love that for a moment at least I had the ability to conquer the fears I have.

Who/what are your major artistic influences?

I honestly listen to and am inspired by any type of music and musician, however if I had to make a list, Queen, Troye Sivan, The 1975, 5 Seconds of Summer and Hayley Kiyoko would be very high on it.

Please give a big hand for that_girl1929!