FAQs

1. Can contestants submit more than one entry?

As specified in the Rules & How To Enter chapter, contestants may only have ONE entry per category. This means that a user can enter ONE poem for the Original Poetry category, ONE musical piece for the Original Music category, and ONE cover for the Song Covers category.

2. Can contestants perform multiple pieces within their entry?

No, we ask that you limit your entry to a single finished piece.

3. Do Original Music or Song Cover entries have to be singing?

No, not at all! You can submit instrumental pieces, singing (A cappella) pieces, or a combination of the two!

4. Should contestants prepare other pieces for the further stages?

No, contestants just need the one piece. Your entry piece has the possibility to carry you all the way to the grand finalé, so make sure it's the best it can be!

5. Can Original Music entries be digitally or electronically created?

Yes! We welcome any kind of music!

6. So anything I submit MUST be originally created by me?

Only for the "Original" categories. The newly created Song Covers category can be exactly that: a song cover.

However, contestants MUST be the ones performing in their videos.

7. What about collaborations?

Go for it!

If you have a friend on Wattpad and want to sing a duet or face each other in a banjo-off, we say full steam ahead!

If a Wattpad friend writes music and you want to sing it (with their permission, of course), give it a whirl!

8. For Song Cover entries, can karaoke tracks be used for background music?

Yes, as long as you specify that you are using a track and give proper credit.

To be updated as questions arise.