bawsewings's Performance

In the Song Covers category, bawsewings performs "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz!

Interview Questions:

Why did you choose to cover this song?

Of late, I've been obsessed with this song and for good reason. I love this song because well, the tune is really catchy, but apart from that, the lyrics just make me feel 'drunk in love' in a way? The first time I heard this song, well an audition clip of Bang Chan, the leader of Stray Kids, singing this song, I knew that this was a song worth listening to. And when I heard the original version, I fell in love with it. The reason I chose to cover this song, simply put, is that it makes me happy.

What does music mean to you?

I'm not gonna say that Music means everything to me, because that's just way too cheesy and not very practical. But, in a way, music is sorta everything to me. It helps me express. Music soothes me, but also hypes me up. To me, music is like a whole different emotion all in itself that somehow sums up all the emotions but has it's own unique element.

What do you love about performing?

If you ask me to get on the stage in front of 100 people for the purpose of delivering a speech or something on those lines, I'd probably make a run for the hills. But, if you'd ask me to perform- be it dance, or sing, I would give it my all. At that moment, it would be just me and the stage. Me and my performance. When I perform, is the one time that I'm not afraid of people judging me. What I love about performing, is that I can be myself and not worry about a single thing. What I love, is that even with a lot of eyes focusing on me, I'm able to focus on the one thing that matters the most- the performance.

Who/what are your major artistic influences?

Well, I'm a fan of way too many artists to keep count. I'd say Stray Kids, the K-pop group? Their music always carries such a beautiful meaning. It's clear that they're one of my major influences, considering the fact that I came across the song 'I'm Yours' only after I heard the clip of the leader of this group singing the song. And the fact that this is the song I chose to cover, speaks volumes.

Please give a big hand for bawsewings!