Chapter 1 An Unexpected Meeting

BOOK COVER WAS MADE BY ladyarchangel74 THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

Kagome's adventures in the past were over, and it was time to move on. But she was not going to do so alone. When she returned from the Feudal Era for the last time she found Shippou waiting for her outside the Bone Eater's Well.

"Hello, mother." He said a tall dark haired main with stunning green eyes and a pleasantly deep voice.

"Shippou?"

He smiles and removes his glamour to reveal his red hair fox ears and six beautiful luscious tails.

"Shippou it really is you, why is it I never seen or felt you before now?"

"500 years is a long time, Kagome, I learned a lot of things and one of those thing is to blend in better with the humans." Shippou informs his mother.

"Why are you just now coming by?"

"Lord Fluffy Pants made me wait til you finished your mission in the past before involving myself in your life now."

"Sesshomaru is still alive?"

"Of course he is, he a powerful Daiyoukai, I don't think anything could kill him. Anyway the reason I'm here is to make sure that you're alright and because Sesshomaru doesn't want and I quote, 'The Miko to wallow in self pity and make something of her life.' So Sesshomaru is going to pay for you to get tutors so you can catch up and go on with school. Afterwards he expects you to come work for him."

Kagome stared at Shippou in shock, the only thing that came out of her mouth was, "Okay."

"Good, now that, that is settled, how about you introduce me to the family."

And that was how it went Sesshomaru arranged for the best tutors for Kagome and she was able to catch up, go on to high school and college then ended up working for him at Taisho Industries as one of his executives. But she remained a humble Miko, living at home, helping her mother out every weekend with her duties at the Sunset Shrine.

On one of those weekend, Kagome decided that she wanted to spend some alone time in what was left of the forest of Inuyasha. She packed a lunch took a blanket and told her mother that she would be gone for the day in the forest.

"Okay Kagome have a nice time."

With that, Kagome hikes off into the forest. And as she walks, she lets her mind wander. She continues to walk enjoying the sound of nature that is slowly drowning out the sound of the busy city. But suddenly she realizes that something is wrong when she enters a clearing. There are trees that have been pulled up by the roots and tossed around everywhere.

Kagome looks around, fear beginning to stir within her, what could have caused such destruction? Suddenly she hears a deafening roar, Kagome drops her basket and blanket and immediately puts up a barrier around herself. Then out of the forest comes crashing an eight foot tall hulking green creature. The creature is bare chested with torn pants and no shoes, it roars once again at Kagome and rushes at her. Kagome stands firm, waiting to see what will happen when the creature hits her barrier. If it's a demon it will be instantly purified, if not, well shit, she didn't know what she was going to do.

As the creature comes closer, she braces for impact, it leaps into the air ready to smash her. It hits the barrier and is thrown back 50 feet, crashing and destroying more trees. Kagome gasps, when it hit the barrier, she was able to feel it's soul, it was human! A very angry human, but human nonetheless. Kagome instantly lowers her barrier picks up her basket and races off towards the direction that the creatures had been thrown. When she sees the creature slowly sitting up, holding it's head.