Peter Kavinsky X Reader

It was the smoothest move that any has ever pulled and till this day, you were still reeling at how it happened. Every time you think about that time Peter Kavinsky swept you off your feet, your cheeks would flare up and your chest would get warm. Never in a million years, would you expect the lacrosse player from high school, the most popular boy who dated the most popular girls, to even know you much less have an interest in you. But one day, he proved you wrong.

The coffee shop was quiet that evening despite it being the weekend, but you didn’t really mind. It more peaceful and it gave you less distraction from the book you had in your hands. Not that many could, you were at the best part of the story.

Until someone slid into the chair in front of you.

“Hey, do you mind helping me with something?”

You took your time looking up from your book. The gold-speckled brown eyes before you were alight, expectant, unlike your shocked wide ones. Peter Kavinsky is no doubt attractive, other than his soulful eyes and perfectly mussed dark hair, his lopsided smile and the endearing scar on his chin are huge plusses in your book. To some they were flaws. Not to you.

You blinked to get your mind back on track and cleared your throat. You looked around, trying to find the reason the boy you had a crush on since middle school was talking to you and not anyone else. “Umm… okay? What’s wrong?”

“There’s someone in here I kinda like. But I don’t know what to say.”

At this you raised an eyebrow. “Wait. Peter Kavinsky, you’re asking me for advice to talk to a…crush? Aren’t you like Casanova?”

Peter scoffed and rolled his eyes. “She’s different alright! I mean, I’ve liked her for a while now but she doesn’t seem to see me.”

You gotta admit, your heart sank a bit at his confession. And you wondered, how could someone not notice him. He’s a handsome young man, a damn good lacrosse player with a great personality to boot. You always notice him. Though you pretend not to.

“Come on!” He prodded, still grinning like an excited little puppy. “You read a lot. Don’t you have good pick up lines?” He reached over for the book you placed on the table. He held it out of your reach before you can grab it back.

You huffed and sat back in your seat as you watched him flip through your copy of The Scorpio Races. “Well, in my opinion, you should just go up to her, tell her how you feel.” You suggested.

“How?”

“Just make it simple, casual. Say something short, maybe something like, "Hey! Me. You. What do you think?”“

He thought about it, his lips pursing and distracting you. "Just like that?”

“Yeah.” You held out your hand for your book. “Just like that.”

He handed it to you. “Okay.”

And then, silence. You had thought that he’d moved on, got up from the seat and approached whatever girl that caught his eye. You didn’t want to witness that. It’s personal and you didn’t want to get any more disappointed.

But then,

“So?”

Again you looked up at Peter who not only had stayed where he was, but was leaning further across the table. “Huh?”

The lopsided smile you loved so much made another appearance. “Me. You. What do you think?”

And the whole world froze.

“Who. Me?” You scoffed, but betrayed by your own body as a smile threatened to tug at your lips. It was highly impossible, but you couldn’t help the shred of hope that was blossoming in your heart.

“Yeah,” Peter’s grin grew wider. “You. What do you think?”

What do you think? Uhh, hell yes!!