Sweet Pea x Pregnant Reader Part 1

Warning : pregnancy and a little bit curse

You didn’t want to tell him, but you understood the necessity of it. You couldn’t hide it forever.

It started with you feeling sick, throwing up in the mornings. You didn’t think much of it, until you missed your period.

You kept thinking there was a chance your body was just being weird. Maybe you were just sick? Until you took the pregnancy test. The one you had to hide from Sweet Pea.

That’s when he started questioning you.

You seemed so uncomfortable around him now. He was worried he’d done something, but you kept telling him you were fine. He knew you weren’t, but every time he would press, he swore he saw steam come from your ears. You would get so mad at him for making sure you were ok.

Sweet Pea became relentless. He wanted to know what was going on. He was becoming paranoid, his mind exploding with thoughts. Did he do something wrong? Were you going to break up with him?

You were now a month along, and you knew it would soon be too noticeable to hide. You decided to get it over with, even if he would get mad. Even if he broke up with you.

You knew he wasn’t that type of person, but your mind began to trick you. Sweet Pea noticed the concentrated yet confused look on your face, and he grew even more concerned.

“Are you ok, princess?” he asked, slightly expecting you to blow up out of anger again.

But this time, you just turned to him and said, “I have to tell you something,” before pausing the movie playing on the screen and turning to Sweet Pea.

“Sweets, I don’t know how to tell you this. Promise you won’t get mad?” You ask, holding out your pinky for a pinky swear.

“Of course I won’t get mad, baby,” he said, now taking your pinky in his.

“I’m pregnant,” you blurt.

“You’re what?” Sweet Pea asked with an unreadable expression on his face.

“I’m pregnant,” you said, now worried about the look on his face. Was this good or bad?

“Oh,” he said, now looking ahead of him, “OH!” He exclaimed again. He jumped up off of the couch.

“Now? During all this shit?” He said, raising his voice.

“I’m sorry,” you murmured, looking up at him. You still couldn’t read his face, but from the sound of it, he didn’t seem too happy with your current situation.

“No, no don’t apologize, Y/N. It’s-It’s just that everything that’s going on now, I don’t know if we could handle it,” he said, sitting down once again, this time taking one of your hands in his.

“Well, I can’t really take it back,” you say, looking down.

“I know, I know. I just need some time to think. I just- I’m happy. I don’t want you to worry about that. I just need to figure all of this northside shit out, ok?” Sweet Pea says, looking you in your eyes the whole time.

“Ok,” you sigh.

“I love you, I do, I just don’t want us to have a baby while we’re still fighting for respect from the northside,” he continues, now with a gentle smile playing on his lips.

“Yeah, yeah, I get it. I love you, too,” you say. You weren’t sure if this was a good or bad reaction. It wasn’t a trainwreck, though, which is good.

_______________

After you told Sweet Pea about the pregnancy, your baby bump began to grow. It was becoming noticeable, and you were worried about what the people at school would say.

Of course, most have seen a pregnant student before. I mean, half of the school was now from the southside. They’ve seen just about everything, so a teenage pregnancy was nothing to them.

You were worried, however, about being judged by the northsiders. They already didn’t like any of you, and now there was a student who was soon going to have a child. That was a concept you still couldn’t wrap your mind around.

Hiding the bump was becoming harder and harder. You were wearing baggy clothes now, but it was still starting to show through them.

Sweet Pea was now pushing harder for the northside v.s. the southside to be settled. He didn’t want to have to take care of a child, go to school, and practically babysit the serpents. They needed to figure out how to fix this quick.

This meant that you and Sweet Pea had barely even saw each other since you told him a week ago.

Walking through the hallway, Sweet Pea was on a mission to change this. He missed you, but he’d been so wrapped up in trying to figure out how to settle the rivalry that he barely had any time for you anymore.

When he was approaching your locker, he laid eyes on you and was in awe. Due to your attempts of hiding the baby bump, he had hardly even noticed it. Today, though, you were wearing a shirt tight enough for you to spot the bump.

When he finally reached your locker, he was quick to land a kiss onto your lips.

Slowly wrapping your arms around his neck, leaning into the kiss more and more. His hands found your waist and pulled you even closer.

“Hello to you, too,” you say breathlessly once you pull away.

“Hey, Y/N,” he says with a bright smile, “I’m sorry for being so busy. But we’re settling it soon, so we’ll go back to normal soon,”

“Oh no, what are you going to do?” you ask with a concerned look on your face.

“Don’t worry about it, baby,” he says with a smirk.

“That somehow makes me worry more. Either way, that’s good news right? I’ll see you more? ‘Cause I really miss you,” you say, now leaning against your locker.

“I miss you, too, babe. It should be better soon,” he says, looking down at you lovingly.

“Pregnant looks good on you, by the way,” Sweet Pea says while the two of you begin to walk to class.

“Shut up,” you say, a small smile still visible on your lips.