Sweet Pea X Pregnant reader Part 2

Warning : giving birth

A classroom was never your ideal birthing place. I don’t think it’s anyone’s.

So as your due date slowly approached, you finally settled on staying home a few days prior.

The last thing you wanted was to give birth in front of your classmates, so you were going to take a few precautions to avoid that.

Besides, missing a few days of school wasn’t going to harm you. You were going to have to slack off at school anyways. A baby was a big responsibility, and every adult around you made sure you knew that. As if you and Sweet Pea were trying for a baby in the first place.

So, the due date came, and Sweet Pea was right there with you.

Let me clarify, you hadn’t even had the baby yet. You weren’t giving birth at all, yet Sweet Pea was sitting on the floor next to your bed, talking to you about the baby.

He was rambling so much you didn’t know what he was saying. You laid back and closed your eyes. You were trying to listen to Sweet Pea’s endless rambles, but it got to a point where he was just repeating everything he was saying.

Talking about names, how much school you were going to miss, or the amount of people you guys are going to have to depend on to watch your child was getting stressful.

Noticing your eyes fluttering closed, Sweet Pea panicked.

“Are you ok?!” Sweet Pea exclaimed, his eyes flipping between your face and your pregant belly.

“I’m fine, Pea,” you say harshly, slightly annoyed. You would’ve adored his concern on any other day, but the baby was making you much more irritable, which was something most people around you had grown to understand.

“Sorry, baby. I’m just on edge,” he said, looking down bashfully.

His hand was still wrapped around yours, a small sign of affection that had always made you swoon.

+++++++

Hours of anxiously waiting passed. You were beginning to think that today wasn’t the day. You were never completely assured that the baby would come today, but Sweet Pea didn’t want to take any chances of missing it, or even not being there through the whole experience.

While some movie played on the TV, Sweet Pea’s hand was in your hair while you laid back.

That’s when it hit. The contractions.

Of course, these contractions don’t always mean the baby is ready.

Sweet Pea was ecstatic anyways, and he was noticeably disappointed when you told him it wasn’t time to go to the hospital just yet.

Sweet’s was still running around your room trying to pack a hospital bag, just to be prepared- and because you couldn’t handle him staring you down waiting to go to the hospital. At least he was busy packing the bag.

++++

12:14 a.m. and the contractions are only a few minutes apart.

You obviously couldn’t ride to the hospital on Pea’s bike, especially because when the two of you went home, there would be a baby in your care. This was a crazy concept for both of you to process, but now wasn’t the time to reflect on this.

Sweet Pea helped you into the passenger seat of your car, and he hopped into the driver’s seat. Putting the key into the ignition, and beginning to speed out of the driveway before you had to remind Sweet Pea to grab the bag he had spent so much time packing.

After this situation was settled, you and Pea were off to the hospital.

Your hand was in his the entire ride, and even all the way into the hospital.

++

3:00 a.m.

You were in the hospital surrounded by doctors, an excruciating pain shooting through your body.

Sweet Pea was still right by your side, never leaving it.

Your hand was in his, crescent shaped indents in his hand left from your nails.

The sounds around you seemed muffled, your only focus on getting your baby out of you.

Three pushes, you were told.

Two.

One.

The pain was almost gone, a slight sting here and there, but the bulk of it was absent, which was a relief.

Your head quickly landed onto the scratchy hospital pillow. You were completely exhausted, both mentally and physically.

You didn’t feel enough strength in your body to lift your head, until you watched Sweet Pea’s face light up as you heard the cry of a baby. Your baby.

His eyes were glistening, a wide smile spread across his face.

A nurse approached you, your baby in her arms.

Slowly setting her on your chest, you were quick to wrap your arms around her.

Tears came to your eyes, as you shot your eyes to Sweet Pea.

“She’s beautiful,” Sweet Pea rasps.

He moved his fingers to caress her hand, his head moving to look at you.

“I love you, Y/N,” his head moving to look at your baby, “and you too, babygirl,” he smiles