Perth, Australia

Maddie's perspective

I can't decide if it was an act of God, or if maybe Harry is lucky Charm or something, but by some miracle, we all managed to land safely in Perth AND to top it all off, I didn't even puke on him! Granted that was more by luck than judgement as the one time I did get sick, I was able to excuse myself to the bathroom in good time, but still, I'll take it.

As much as I have officially decided that I really do not enjoy flying long haul, I have to admit that spending seventeen and a half hours, or at least most of, sat next to one of the worlds most eligible bachelors was really rather nice.

He was so kind and considerate the whole time, constantly reassuring me that everything was ok, distracting me and cracking jokes, and he barely let go of my hand. I even awoke at one point from a rather long nap to find him sleeping soundly beside me, little puffs of air expelling from his pursed lips each time he exhaled. Still, even then, his long slender fingers were entangled with mine, his arm stretching across the space between us and into my lap where my hand rested as though it had sought me out in his subconscious. Or at least that's what I am choosing to believe, rather than the much more likely scenario that I was whimpering pathetically in my sleep and it was his attempt to shut me up so he could nap too.

Other than the unexpected hand-holding and the rather nice dinner we were served shortly before landing, which was a pleasant surprise after the inedible sandwiches we'd been given at lunch. The best part of the trip was watching Dunkirk with Harry.

I had only seen it once before, in the cinema with my Dad and Michael when it was first released, and as much as I enjoyed it, I can't say I'd even realised that Harry was in it until Sammy mentioned it to me the other day. So getting to watch it with him was a real experience.

He was hilariously shy at times, turning away from the screen and fiddling with his phone. Especially when he dropped the only F-bomb in the movie. Which I found especially funny, given that I rarely go more than a sentence or two in his company without swearing about something.

He occasionally bought up little anecdotes from their days filming in France too. Telling me how he'd spent at least half his time there swimming, only to have just three shots of him doing so actually end up in the finished movie, one of which was just of the back of his head. I got the impression that it was an experience he'd really enjoyed though.

I could tell he had mostly fond memories of his time in France from the way he spoke about it despite his shyness at times. Which did nothing but endear me to him more when I'd just resolved to stop crushing on him, bloody man.

When we finally landed in Perth, I had hurried straight off to find Sammy and grab the key to our room so that I could dump my stuff and go help the rest of the crew set up for the show.

I felt guilty enough for getting the first-class travel experience and turning up a day later than everyone else as it was. Not to mention already being on light duties because of my hand, so I was desperate to pull my weight. But now, sat back in our room, which by the way, is considerably nicer than the one we had in Dublin. Australia 1 –Ireland 0, my hand is absolutely killing me, so I am sure I have overdone it.

Thankfully we got all of the set up done last night, so I don't actually have to head to the arena until after the show finishes tonight for takedown and can relax a bit. Which is just as well really as my body clock is entirely screwed and I am so very tired that I'm pretty sure I'd be good for nothing about now.

"Well well well, look who finally decided to stop by," I say sarcastically to Sammy as she creeps into the hotel room around nine in the morning. I have to stifle a giggle at the sight of her, in last nights clothes, hair sticking up in every direction known to man and shoes clasped tightly in one hand, as she tiptoes into the room, clearly hoping I'll be asleep.