Second time lucky? Sydney, Australia

Maddie's perspective.

Harry:
Meet me after the show? H x

Maddie:
What happened to the poetry? Less than twenty-four hours in and the romance is gone already? #Disappointed Xx

Harry:
Thought you wanted me to be more original? H x

Maddie:
Surely you've been around enough women to know that we like to change our minds? *sings 'It's my prerogative at you* xx

Harry:
Rose are red...
Violets are blue
I can't stop...
Thinking about you...
So do me a favour?
And make me smile.
By agreeing to come
Hang out for a while.
H xx

Maddie:
Hmm B-. There's room for improvement. But I'll still come up after take-down xx

I can't help the stupidly goofy smile that stretches its way across my cheeks as I read Harry's messages. He's such an idiot sometimes, but, it seems he's now my idiot.

After he came to my room yesterday and we sorted out our little misunderstanding. Well, ok... MY little misunderstanding really as it was me that jumped to conclusions but never mind. We managed to sneak in a good half an hour together before he had to rush off to yet another meeting with Jeff. I swear that man is already proving to be quite an excellent cockblocker. Not that I was planning on jumping straight into bed with Harry or anything of course! I've got more self-control than that! Or at least I'm trying to have.

Ok, so it might have crossed my mind just once. Alright twice, ok ok maybe more than twice, but I am a good girl, nothing more than a few hot and heavy kisses... so far. I should probably try and keep that up until he at least takes me on a proper date. And by that, I guess I mean orders room service for me in his suite, as, during the few minutes we actually spent talking yesterday between kisses, we did agree on one thing. For the time being, we're going to keep our burgeoning new relationship just between the two of us.

I haven't even told Sammy what transpired after she left our room yesterday, and, as difficult as it's going to be keeping it from her, I did agree to this. It was actually my idea, so it's hardly like I can go back on it now.

After all the things that Novak said to me and all the worries I've had over the past few days about what people would think about me if I started dating Harry, I decided that for now at least, the best thing for both of us would be if no one else knew what was going on.

That way, we can both get used to it all ourselves, and see if there's anything more than a few kisses between us before we have to deal with the opinions of most of the crew and then the rest of the world. Harry, who in all honesty, I think is just as scared as I am about delving into this new, uncharted territory, readily agreed to my logic. So it seems that clandestine meetings in hotel rooms are going to be about all we can do in the form of dates for now. But to be honest, as long as there with Harry, I don't think I mind at all.

Jesus, when did I get so damn sappy? It must have something to do with listening to him soundcheck so many love songs I reckon. The heartfelt lyrics have seeped into the reassesses of my brain and set up shop, polluting my usually sarcastic and sailor-mouthed mind with all this wishy-washy, lovey-dovey nonsense. Best try and put a stop to that ASAP, I think to myself idly as I snap the last piece of barrier in place and glance at my phone to check the time.

Ooh, four-thirty already! Harry should be arriving any minute! I smile broadly again and wonder if I can somehow sneak back into his dressing room and give him a little warming up before the show... Crap.. well that lasted a long time, didn't it? Get it together, Mads! I scold myself and head off in search of Sammy to see if she needs a hand before I go running off to find Mr Styles and embarrass myself. Again.