Good intentions. Sunrise, Florida, USA.

Maddie's Perspective.

I wake early the next morning, fully resolved in my plan for the day. We've got the whole day to ourselves here in Florida before we board the buses to travel the nearly ten hours overnight to Georgia before the next stop on the tour tomorrow night, and somehow today, I am going to find the balls to talk to Sammy. It's been a long time coming, way too long, and now that I've finally admitted my true feelings for Harry to both myself and to him, I can't keep hiding it from her anymore, I can't keep lying, she deserves better than that. It's time to come clean.

Harry is still sleeping peacefully as I creep out of the incredibly comfortable hotel bed and make my way into the bathroom to take a shower, normally I would be heading back to my room about how to ensure that I get back before Sammy does, so that I don't have to avoid her questions or makeup lies about where I've been, but not today. Today I am going to take my time, maybe even sneak in a quick breakfast with Harry before I head down to the tiny room four floors below us that Sammy and I are sharing and somehow explain to the person I've started to think of as my best friend over the past couple of months, why I've kept something so momentous from her, and hope that she understands and forgives me.

After my shower I wrap myself in one of the large fluffy hotel bathrobes and make my way into the main living area of Harry's suite, searching for the room service menu that I know I left around here somewhere after I ordered our treats last night. The remnants of which are still scattered over the dining table, all but the unfinished chocolate and strawberries which are still on the rug by the fire. A flush of heat fills my cheeks as I think back to the fantastic evening that Harry and I spent together last night. Since Brazil, I've been really wary about being intimate with Harry, every time he's put his hands on me I haven't been able to stop the images of Novak from popping up in my head and totally spoiling the mood and have found myself slamming the brakes on before we could do more than share a few kisses, but yesterday something finally changed. And god am I glad that it did.

Sex with Harry has always been mind-blowing don't get me wrong, but last night was different, we didn't just have sex, we didn't fuck, we made love, slowly and intimately, we worshipped each other's bodies, and I felt a connection to him that I have never ever experienced before, it was sensual and loving as well as hot and heavy, and to be honest, I can't fucking wait to do it all over again.

Eventually, I manage to locate the room service menu discarded on top of one of Harry's guitar cases and I as mull over what to order, I can't help but take just a little peek inside the hard leather case at the stunning instrument inside. Don't get me wrong, I love my guitar, it's a piece of me, something I've had for as long as I can remember, but it's old and scratched, the paint is peeling off in more places than I can count and I have replaced the strings so many times at this point that it really would have been cheaper to have just gone and bought a new one. The guitar that gleams back at me from Harry's case is the complete opposite of mine, absolutely immaculate in every way, the shimmering wood glints up at me as the early morning sunlight streaming through the windows reflects off its highly polished surface, and I swear I can hear it begging me to pick it up. It can't hurt to play just a couple of chords, right? I'll be careful. I think to myself as I gingerly lift it from the case and settle myself down cross-legged on the floor, strumming my fingers lightly across the strings, trying to make as little noise as possible so that I don't wake Harry. I start to strum the opening chords to an old favourite of my mums, one of the very first songs I learned to play all the way through, and without really ever making the decision to, I find myself singing along softly to the familiar tune.

"Looks like we made it

Look how far we've come, my baby

We mighta took the long way