Fireworks and free champagne. Windsor, England.

An hour or so later and I've not managed to eat more than a few bites of the beautiful food that keeps appearing in front of me, I'm just too damn nervous. I desperately want to knock back several glasses of champagne, even though the stuff tastes like washing up liquid as far as I'm concerned, just to take the edge off my nerves, but the sensible part of my brain is telling me that really wouldn't be the best idea right now, I need as many of my faculties intact as possible if I am going to survive tonight without falling flat on my face and making an arse out of myself.

After a couple of speeches, including one by the bride, breaking with tradition. The same man who announced the Royal couple's entrance, and subsequently the rest of the Royal guests as they arrived, stands at the foot of the stage and introduces the first of many musical guests this evening, none other than Elton John. As he starts singing 'Your song' and the newly-weds take to the centre of the dance floor, I am just grateful to be sitting down, at least if I faint and fall off my chair, the floor isn't too far away.

"I have to go backstage in a moment," Harry whispers in my ear as we all heartily applaud Sir Elton as he hugs the bride and groom and leaves the stage after his performance.

"What? You're leaving me?" I ask Harry in horror, judging by the chuckle that escapes him, I'm guessing that my feelings are clear to see on my face.

"Not for long Trouble I promise, but I'm up soon. Not going to lie, I'm nervous as fuck," he says, and I can see the fear behind his eyes. Pushing down my own insecurities, I take his hand in mine.

"You've got nothing to be nervous about, you'll be amazing, you always are. And they clearly already love you, or they wouldn't have invited you to perform. Now, you go show them just how talented you really are. I'm sure James and Ben can take care of me for a little while." I add looking over at the two men who have been trying to discretely listen in to our conversation and throwing them a wink to show that I am well aware they're being nosey.

"Of course we can." James stutters slightly, before pointedly turning his attention back to his wife.

"Wish me luck." Harry smiles as he rises from his chair and straightens his tie.

"You don't need it. But good luck." I say as he bends to kiss me lightly on the cheek.

No sooner has Harry walked away than I feel a hand lightly brush my arm, trying to get my attention,

"I'm sorry, we weren't exactly being subtle then were we? It's just, neither of us has ever seen H like this before, it's kinda strange." Ben admits sheepishly,

"Strange good or strange bad?" I ask him raising my eyebrows.

"Oh, good! Definitely good! Honestly, Maddie, I've known Harry for years now, since he was a snot-nosed teenager, and I've never seen him has as enamoured with someone as he is with you. You move, and he moves with you, you smile, and he smiles. I keep finding myself unable to drag my eyes away because it's nice to see him so happy."

Blushing from ear to ear I bow my head slightly at Ben's words, surely he's exaggerating?

"Thanks but I'm sure that's not quite true," I mumble back self consciously. My gaze focused on my hands which are currently entangling themselves in the lace tablecloth, twisting the soft fabric nervously.

"Trust me, Maddie, it is." Ben finishes softly, and I risk a glance up to meet his eyes, his steely brown stare penetrating deep into my soul as I do, and I can't see any lies in them. With a light pat of my hand, Ben turns his attention to the stage just as Harry is announced, I watch in awe as he strides out onto the centre of the stage and I actually have to pinch myself. I'm really here, this isn't a dream. I'm at Harry and Meghan's wedding, and the man who is about to perform in front of a couple of hundred A-list guests and several members of the royal family, who just winked at me from across the room as he strummed the first chord on his acoustic guitar, is my boyfriend.