-Chapter Six-

OLIVIA'S P.O.V.

After we left the park, I noticed Toby would glance over at me every now and then. Like he wanted to say something but wasn't sure how to say it. I had a feeling it was about the kiss, but to be honest I didn't know what to say either.

I finally broke the silence and asked,
"Toby, you know you can tell me anything right? You don't have to be nervous around me. If anything I should be nervous around you." I laughed nervously.

He looked at me confused.
"What do you mean, you should be nervous around me?"

I took a deep breath and put a strand of dark brown hair behind my ear.
"Well you're technically famous for one. Any girl would be lucky to hang out with you. You're funny and nice, and just overall a great person. I wouldn't want to disappoint you."

He smiled a bit.
"Are you kidding? You could never disappoint me." I smiled as he continued.
"I should be nervous around you. I mean, look at you. You're amazing, hilarious, and beautiful."

We looked into each other's eyes and stopped. I smiled uncontrollably and he smiled back at me. Next thing I knew I wrapped my arms around him.

~~~

We talked and joked for the rest of the walk until we reached my driveway.

"So... does this mean were a 'thing'?" Toby asked, making quotations with his hands.

"It depends," I smirked and crossed my arms. "Does being a thing include a kiss before I leave?" I asked as he smiled. He cupped my face with his hands and kissed my lips lightly. He pulled away, looking into my eyes.

I blushed and smiled shyly, "I guess that means yes."

__________________________

A couple hours later I was at home watching TV. I kept flipping through the channels because there wasn't anything good on. Just then, the doorbell rang. Who the hell comes to my house at ten-thirty?

I turned off the TV and answered the door. My eyes widened as I saw who it was.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked angrily.
"I wanted to see you." Jake stated as he ran his fingers through his blond hair.
"Well I don't care. Goodbye." I tried to shut the door but he pushed it open with his hand.
"Please,"

I opened the door again and stared at him coldly.
"You really hurt me, Jake." I said as tears started to form in my eyes.
"I know..." He looked down at his feet.

"Then what makes you think I'd ever go back to you?" I crossed my arms.
"I don't kn-"
I cut him off, "exactly. Goodbye."

"Wait Olivia I-" he reached for the door.
"Fuck off." I said confidently as I slammed the door. I twisted the lock and leaned my back against the door in relief.

I wiped a tear that escaped my eye and went back to watching TV.

A few minutes later I heard the doorbell ring again. Okay, now I'm pissed.

I stormed up to the door and swung it open as I shut my eyes in frustration.
"I thought I told you to fuck off-" I opened my eyes to see Toby standing there with a worried look on his face.

"I was just going to give you back your hoodie you left at my house, but I'll leave if you want me to..." He said as he was about to turn around.

"No, no, stay please." I hugged him and he hugged me back.

"O-okay..." He said confused. We stood there for awhile until I finally spoke up.

"Umm Toby?" I asked nuzzling my face into his neck.
"Yeah?" He replied rubbing my back.

I laughed nervously, "I didn't leave a hoodie at your house."
He laughed as well and replied, "yeah about that..."

I pulled away and stared into his eyes.
"I kinda used that as an excuse to come over." He said as he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

I smiled a cheesy smile.
"I love you."
"You have no idea," he smiled back as I intertwined our fingers and led him into the house.