-Chapter Twelve-

"Look out!" Toby called out an oncoming truck. I turned the steering wheel quickly, swerving quickly to the left barley missing it as the sound of the horn seared passed.
I took a quick glance at Toby, who was wide-eyed and gripping the door for support. We were both trying to catch our breaths as I let off the gas a bit.

"Are you trying to kill us?!" Toby cried.

"I'm sorry, I got a little ahead of myself."

"Yeah, I guess." He scoffed as he looked out the window.
A few minutes later, I pulled up by a brick apartment building.

"Stop, stop, stop."

I looked at Toby impatiently, "what?"

"You need to tell me what's going on before you get us killed."

I rolled my eyes. "This is Jake's apartment. We're gonna rescue Olivia and then beat the fucker up." I said.
But before I finished, Toby was already scrambling out the car door.

"Toby-" I groaned loudly, "this fucking kid, I swear." I put the car in park, got out, and followed him.

TOBY'S P.O.V.

"Dude," I heard Aliyah behind me. "What the hell? I'm in charge here."

"Whatever." I said, letting her walk I front of me. She flung open the front door and held it open for me.
"Thanks." I mumbled.

I followed her as she ran up the stairs to the third floor. We walked along the hall until she stopped at room 9A.

"What's the plan?" I asked. She didn't answer, she just twisted the doorknob and led herself in.
"Well, then." I sighed, going in right behind her.

Overall, it seemed like a normal apartment. But I noticed one thing: how clean it was. I mean, it didn't even looked lived in. It honestly looked like one of the inside of houses in magazines.

"It's for show." Aliyah said.

"Huh?"

"It's a set up. I mean, do you see how clean it is? No guy's house is this clean. There's not even anything in the fridge!" She exclaimed, almost mirroring my thoughts.

"He's more stupid than I thought." Aliyah muttered under her breath. I agreed and continued to look around. I looked in the bathroom-which was quite small, actually. It seemed normal to me so I went to his bedroom. He had a black headboard and a tan covers on his bed with a black nightstand next to it.

I walked slowly over to the nightstand and opened the drawer. There were three pictures and a folded up piece of paper. I felt a pain in my stomach as I glanced at them. The first one had Jake kissing Olivia's cheek and she was laughing. The second one was them laughing with Jakes arm around her and she was resting her head on his shoulder. Last, the third was them sitting on the grass, kissing in what seemed like a park. I felt like I was going to be sick.
I glanced at them once more, tears brimming my eyelids.

She looked so happy... Not a tinge of sadness, disappointment, anything. Just pure joy.

"Toby..." I felt a hand on my shoulder. I didn't even look back.

"She didn't ever look at me like that..." I said with sadness in my voice. I felt her sit next to me on the bed.

"She still loves him, you know." I looked at her as she shrugged. "That's probably why she ran off with him."

I felt my heart drop.
"Wh-What?" I mean, I know what he did still affected her, but I never really did ask her if she still had feelings for Jake. But Olivia wouldn't do something like that... would she?

"Yeah, they staged the whole thing."

"Wh-what do you mean? I-I don't understand-"

"They planned this whole thing and ran off so they could be together," she rolled her eyes, "pathetic, I know."

"You knew about this?! Why the hell are we here then?!" I yelled, suddenly getting angry.

"Shhhh..." Aliyah then crawled over me and straddled my lap.

"Wh-What are you-" Before I could say anything she slammed her lips on mine.