Chapter Nine: Answers

Monday morning~

"Sweetie you really shouldn't, these things are important to you." My mum says as she watches me as I pull a box of my cameras and it's equipment out from under my bed.

"Mom it's okay really, I promise. I'm not really gonna have time for this once I start working. Plus when I make enough money I can always buy another after I make sure you guys are taken care of. Meanwhile, all I can do is gather up as much money I can rent is coming up we don't have enough money for it."

"But-"

"Mum you guys are the most important thing to me right now not this stuff. Honestly, it's okay, really." I say as I move past my Mom and take the box outside with some clothes, old toys, and stuff I don't use or don't really need anymore. I figured I can just stay with the bare necessities and be able to at least pay for this month's rent and utility. I'll come up with something for food and of course if I have any money left over it's gonna the medical bills. After this month's bills are paid I think I should pick up a couple of jobs to pay up the upcoming rent and get something to eat for the house. I won't have much time since I'm gonna try to get at least two jobs and keep up with my studies but sacrifice over pleasure is always the way to go. Pleasure is temporary, sacrifices, on the other hand, are investments to long term happiness... Or at least for a better future.

Putting the prices on all of the items I'm selling I can't help but think about when is Father gonna write to us. I'm doing everything I can so you can able to see me for me or at least accept me. I know I'm not the child you always wanted but I'm trying to be the child you're at least proud to be the parent of. *sigh* Where are you now Dad? Have you really abandoned us like everyone says?... Have you given up hope and abandoned me?  

      ~unwanted child...unloved....~

"Oh dear! This is the cutest little thing I've ever seen!" An elder woman says snapping me from my thoughts and back to reality. I turn my head to see she's looking at a music box I adored when I was a little girl. I used to carry around with me all over the place and opened it when I was scared or when the world got too much to handle, it just reminds me of something I can't really wrap my head around I don't even remember how it came into my possession...

"I have a Granddaughter who would just love this. How much?"

"I'm sure she would it's absolutely perfect to gift to give to anyone in my opinion. It's ten dollars."

"Alright, I'll take it." She says as she pulls out a ten-dollar bill and hands it to me. I grab the music box put it in a paper bag and hand it over to her.

"Thank you so much have a good day ma'am." 

"Likewise sweet child. Be sure to take care of yourself now." She replies pinching my cheek while smiling at me. She kinda reminds me of my Nana. I really miss her.

                                  ~🌸~

The day went on really slow but I sold everything and managed to make roughly about 350 dollars. This should be good enough to make this month's deadline hopefully. We're gonna be fine I promised that I'd figure out something and take care of everything. I intend to keep my word and do whatever I have to, to make that happen.

✄- - - - - - - - - - - - Time skip - - - - - - - - - - -✄

Late Monday night~

I'm in the living room reading a book when I receive a text from Luke saying he wants me to come outside. I put the book I was reading down and put my slippers on, and head outside.

"Luke?"

"Hey Blondie, so have you thought about the conversation we had last week?"

"I thought I'd have more time."

"I'm sure I said a week and I gave you all day to think about it, I just can't wait another minute to hear your response. So have you thought about it."

"I did." Like once if I'm being honest with myself, I thought hard about it I just I'm not sure more like confused or hesitant.

"And?" He says to me stepping closer making me kinda nervous, I subconsciously start looking down and fiddling with my fingers.

"A-and well I think I do have feelings for you but--"

"But?" Luke repeats placing a hand under my chin and pulling it up so that I'm looking into his eyes and he places his other hand around my waist pulling me towards him closing the gap between us. I can feel my throat drying up and the palms of my hands sweating. If I weren't nervous enough, my heart rate is through the roof right now.

"I-I-I..." watching the moonlight Fran his face so perfectly while he's just smiling, watching me stumble over my words. I shake my head. "N-nothing.."

"Good." He says leaning forward brushing his lips on mine. My first kiss taken by this jerk, it's was light as if he's tasting a new flavor of sweets. He suddenly pulls away and stares at me. I wonder what he's thinking about. Luke tucks away a strand of hair behind my ear.

"You're so unbelievably sexy, you just seem to glow in the dark." Not saying a word I thought his wording was a little strange but maybe it's just me. I think differently from others it's a little refreshing though hearing his thoughts. I start to blush as his words play again in my mind. He thinks sexy?

"Alright we'll go inside, I'll see you Wednesday."

"Wednesday?"

"Yup we're going out."

"Like on a date?" I can't help repeating everything he says, I guess I'm just so excited after all it's gonna be my first date with anyone.

"Yes, a date. What else would it be dork?" I shake my head kinda responding to him but honestly, I think I'm over the moon at the fact that I'll be going on my first actual date as an official couple. "Okay we'll go inside I'm gonna head home see you in two days." He lets go of me and starts making his way home. I watch him leave for a while then decide to go inside. Heading straight for my room I flop right onto my bed with the cheesiest smile I can muster.

A date....I'm going on a date on Wednesday! An official date!!!!