Chapter Twenty Four: Helpless

A sharp pain runs up my spine as a furious king shoves me up against a wall. His eyes dark practically bulging out of his skull. Veins surrounding them darkening, Seeming more menacing by the second.

*Pause. let's catch you up to what led to this first*

Earlier~

Finding myself surrounded by a sea of maks I ended up being rescued by the last person I thought actually come to my rescue. A prince charming disguised as a ruthless beast. Who would've thought right? Then something switched when the evil King shouted his enchanted words and the prince charming vanished before my very eyes. Prince Charming transformed back into the very ruthless beast I've met before. It's the stroke of midnight and unlike the beast, my feelings didn't change. Though it seems that I caught the attention of the evil king. Not long after I hear a deep sharp voice drum from within my head. "In my study. Now!" I look up towards the balcony and see the king fuming. The celebration dies down and everyone starts saying their farewells and going home.

Fast Forward~

I'm in the study as I was told and inside the king sits at his desk waiting for me. "Close the door behind you. Then have a seat." Doing as he says I take a seat embracing myself for his wrath. "Did you have fun escaping reality for a second, servant? Was it enjoyable?" I stay silent not wanting to anger him more than I already have. He gets up and leans on his desk in front of me.

"Enjoy seducing my son temptress?"

"I-- ah!" The king grabs my hair and pulls my head back as he whispers in my ear. "I think you forget yourself." He grabs my jaw in a tight grip and brings my face to his. "Let me remind you why you're here. Your father gave you my way to save his wife. He gave you to me for any use, written in blood." He says tightening his grip causing pain to run through my jaw. I lift up my up arm and push it against the inside of his wrist causing him to lose his grip on my jaw. As soon as he let's go I get up and try to move away from him.

                            ~🌸~

The king just starts to laugh then in a split second he slams me to the bookcase and wraps his hand around my neck, pinning me against the shelf.
I can feel a sharp pain run through my spine as his eyes darken to a deep shade of red. Veins around his eyes bulging out as his anger rises. His eyes roam my body before it stops at my chest. He tears my top revealing my breasts. He brings his face to my chest and bites me. At first, I feel a pinch of pain and then a rush of heat runs all over my body.

I bring my hand to his shoulder to try to push him away from me but he doesn't budge. Instead, he grabs my hand and lifts up his mouth and glares at me. Blood running from his lips "Know your place. You're just for my entertainment, that is the only reason you're here. So, stay. Away. From my son." He growls as he brings my hand to his lips, his fangs glint in the moon's light before piercing my skin. I feel another rush of heat run throughout my body and I start to feel faint. My knees feel weak and I struggle to stay awake. I can't even shout for help. The only sounds that fill my ears are the sounds of sucking and growls coming from the king's lips.

By the time the king is done, I'm fading in and out of consciousness. The king let's go of me and waves me off as he heads back to his desk. I make my way out of the study leaning against the walks to keep myself up. I fight to stay conscious as I make my way towards my room, but everything seems blurry. I get to my door or what I think is my door and walk inside the room closing the door behind me. It's really dark in here. I can barely see a thing not that I would be able to make anything out anyways. I take off my clothes and drop them on the floor as I crawl into bed.

The bed feels so warm. Then again everything feels kinda hot to me right now. I pull the blankets over me and wrap my arm around my pillow, burrowing my face against it. It kinda smells like the prince. I think to myself.
My eyes drift closed and I can hear faint heartbeats and my body relaxes as I listen to them. The prince was different today he was so sweet and gentle, but the king got really angry. I wonder why? I feel like I'm suddenly enveloped in warmth and that train of thought escapes me as I drift off to sleep.

Next Morning~

I feel a warm hand brush my hair back behind my ear and for a moment I feel like I'm back home, in my room. I nestle closer to my pillow not wanting to get up. I give it a little squeeze letting out a soft sigh feeling relaxed. I haven't slept this good in a while. I'm lost in thought when I realize I don't feel the hand brushing my hair back anymore. I begin to pout and with my eyes still closed, I search for the hand and it back on my head. "Mmmn!" I complain wanting it to continue. I hear a little chuckle before it continues stroking my hair. At this point, I'm wide awake now.

The realization that I'm not at home hits me. That little laugh doesn't belong to my best friend or my little brother. I open my eyes and find that my head is resting on someone's chest, and not my pillow. "W good morning, beautiful." A voice rumbles under my ear. Oh no. I sit up in bed to find Prince Kalona lying next to me. "What are you doing here?" I look over him only to find him lying shirtless, blanket cradling over his v-line as the morning sun caresses his abs. I quickly look back up at his face only now he's wearing a knowing look. Embarrassed I look away and look around the room. "What am I doing here? And why are we in bed together?!" I ask confused as hell, realizing I'm not in my room. I'm racking my brain for the life of me trying to remember what happened last night.

                            ~🌸~

Prince Kalona sits up in bed with a smug look on his face. "Isn't it obvious? We fucked last night." He says a hand combing through his hair revealing more of his piercing blue eyes as they roam my body. I hug the blanket to my chest and shake my head. "No, you're messing with me I don't remember anything like that happening."

"Oh? So you're telling me you don't remember sneaking into my room last night begging me to take you." He tugs on the blanket causing me to grip it tighter. His eyes narrow locking onto mine as he says this.

"Y-you're just teasing me, that never happened."

"Baby girl, my tongue can do a better job of teasing you than my words can." He says with a smirk cause my cheeks to burn hot. Seeing my reaction he moves closer to me, "I know you want me but I want to hear you say it." He says with a low voice giving me the look.

"I--" I'm about to respond back to him but I bite my lips stopping myself from saying anything. My mind goes blank. This guy has to be messing with me. He can't be serious. Is he? My body does ache a little and I do feel a bit sore.

"Don't bite your lips, I want to do that for you." He whispers looking down at my lips, his hand caresses my cheek pulling me towards him as his face inches closer to mine. My heart is now pounding loud against my ribcage. The tips of my ears feel like they're on fire, I put my hand on his chest to stop us from getting any closer. God it's too early for this, is he trying to kill me? I shake my head and get up from the bed without saying a word I pick up my clothes from the floor and leave his room without looking back.

I sneak back into my room and shut the door behind me. My back up against the door I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. I fan myself trying not to think about what just happened. That guy is the biggest pervert I've ever seen, he never ceases to amaze me. My head feels a little hazy but I can recall the king's voice telling me to stay away from his son. God the first thing he says not to do is the first thing I go and do. Sleeping with his son?! Am I begging for a death wish!?! I shake my head. I should be worried about surviving, saving myself. I think to myself.

However, images of Prince Kalona plays in my head. The way he looks when he's working. The times he's with his father, the days he looks lonely and even kinda sad. The time at the ball. His sincere smile. The way a caressed my cheek, his gentle touch as he stroked my hair. How warm he makes me feel.

I'm supposed to be worrying about myself. So tell me why I do I want to save him too?

I laugh to myself. "I'm pathetic aren't I?" I say as I smile to myself.