Chapter Thirteen: Days Gone By

I can't remember how long I've been down here. Luke occasionally comes down here to give me some food and change out the bucket. He's put me inside a cage as if I'm an animal. He opens it at times to let me stretch my legs around the basement. Then he always asks me if I'm willing to be a 'good girl'. I should've never came out here with him. I'm so stupid. Maybe if I play along with him, he'll let me out. The basement door opens up and a silhouette comes down the stairs, turns on the light and make their way to the cage. It's Luke of course and as usual, the cage door is unlocked. I'm hesitant to leave the cage but my knees hurt and my feet feel numb I need to move around a bit. It's kinda cramped in here. I slowly crawl out of the cage.

"I wonder will you be a good girl for me today?" Luke says squatting down in front of me and caresses my cheek. I fight the urge to smack his hand and push him to the ground and try to make an escape. Already having tried it only led him to beat me to a pulp and having more time down here without food or water. I looked at him and give him a little nod. If I don't get out of this basement I think I might start losing my mind. Luke smiles, stands up and holds out a hand to help me up. After helping me up Luke me upstairs and brings me to the bedroom. "You'll have something to eat after you're washed." He says looking for clothes for me to wear. After he picks something out he motions me to follow him and leads me to the bathroom.

 After he picks something out he motions me to follow him and leads me to the bathroom

"You forgot to get underwear and a bra."

"You don't need it." He says as he runs a warm bath and sits on the edge of the tub. "Strip and get in." He says and stares at me. Feeling uncomfortable I  turn around so my back is facing him but as soon as I do that he grabs my arm and turns me back around. "It's nothing I haven't seen before, now hurry up and strip." My chest feels heavy and it feels like there's something stuck in my throat. I look into the ground as I begin to take my shirt and shorts off. As soon as I take them off, I take off my bra and panties. I try to cover myself as best as I can and waited for him to tell me to get in. Luke just stares at me for a while making me feel uncomfortable and then motions for me to get in the tub. I slowly climb into the tub and just sit there staring at the water. I wonder if my mother is okay. I hope she and my little brother are eating properly. How long has it been I'm losing count down there I can't tell the time of day down there or how many days go by. Luke takes the shampoo and lathers up my hair then rinses it off for me. He takes the conditioner and leaves it in my hair then he takes the soap and washes my back and body. He takes his time soaping up my breasts. Please stop is what I wish I could say but I don't wanna risk going back down to the basement. After he finishes groping me he takes the soap and puts it between my legs and begins 'cleaning me' up. I can feel my anxiety build-up by the second. Without realizing it I grabbed his wrist.

                              ~🌸~

"P-please just stop touching me I-I can do it myself," I say looking at his hand in my wrist. Just stop, I just wanna go home. Luke pulls his hand away from my grip and smiles at me. "I-I'm sorry I-I'll be--" before I can even get a chance to finish my sentence Luke's hands are around my neck pushing me into the water and holds me down under. I start flailing around kicking and scratching at him trying to come up for air but he's so much stronger than me. Is this it? Am I gonna die scared and naked in a bathroom? How pathetic, it probably suits someone like me. I think as I feel everything becoming dark but no sooner than I think this Luke releases me. My body just shoots up from the water gasping for air.

"What's wrong blondie? I was only trying to rinse the conditioner out of your hair." He says with a smile on his face. Is he even human? He almost choked me to death and he's just smiling. Luke gets up and grabs the towel and tells me to get out. Not wanting to make him angry I do exactly as he says and he puts the towel over me and dries me off. After drying me off he dresses me up as if I'm some sort of doll. I mean he's practically treating me like a ragdoll so it's no surprise.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask him.

"Because I care about you and I love you." He says holding my hand and takes me down to the living room. This is what he calls love? If this is what he defines as love I don't wanna find out the opposite from that. "Sit and wait here for me. I'm gonna go collect some wood for the fire and then I'll make something to eat when I get back." He says to me as I take a seat on the couch. He starts walking to the door but stops and turns around. "And don't cross this line." He points to the line that leads to the front door. "I'll know." He says. "I'll be right back." And with that, he walks out the door. He's gone. I watch him go to the back and towards the woods through the windows. As soon as he's out of sight I get up from the couch and start heading towards the door but I freeze in place. Don't cross this line he says, I think to myself. I shake my head and disregard what he said as I open the door. I quietly close it behind me so he doesn't hear it and begin to run into the woods as quietly as I possibly can. When I think I've made enough distance between me and the cabin I slow my pace down. I find a path and walk alongside it until I spot a group of men. They look like they're camping out here, maybe they can help me I think to myself. I'm desperate there's no time to waste, I just want to go home. I go over to the group of guys and try to explain to them as best I can of whats going on.

"E-excuse me can you guys p-please help me? I-I was held against my will in a basement a-and I just have to get out of these woods but I-I don't know where to go. Can you help me get o-out? Please I-I just wanna go home. P-Please!"