Chapter Twenty One: His Brother

After meeting the King, Princess Angela has a bath run for me. It's after the bath that I get changed into my uniform handpicked by the Prince himself. I take a look in the mirror and try to pull the fabric in both directions trying to cover my chest and thighs as much as I can. I turn around to see how it looks from behind but as quickly as I turned its look is as quickly I regret ever even looking in the mirror.

 I turn around to see how it looks from behind but as quickly as I turned its look is as quickly I regret ever even looking in the mirror

It barely covers anything, from certain angles you can see my but and the color of my panties peeking through. I can feel my face burning up. "That p-pervert!" I mutter to myself, cursing the prince in my head. I take a few deep breaths and decide I need a cool down. I decide to do a little exploring for a bit and surprisingly the halls are empty. Everyone must be busy. I end up finding a garden in the back. The garden feels warm and cozy, unlike the castle which just feels cold and empty, cruel even.

I walk over to a big tree that has a swing attached to it. I put my hand on the rope holding the swing up and look up at the tree. You feel a lot of love emanating from the entire garden, to be honest. So much so I didn't even notice when I began to hum, but when but have realized that I can't help but smile to myself. I turn around and walk over to the lake. I sit on my knees and run my fingertips along the surface of the water, letting my mind wander.

My eyes are glued on the ripples I make while humming a soft melody, I feel as if I'm in a trance. Events start to play in my head. I don't know if it's just my imagination or these weird dreams are happening while I'm awake now, but the scene playing before me looks so clear... and they're oddly detailed. Maybe it's because of how deep dark blue the color of the lake is but I feel like I'm looking through someone else's eyes. I'm looking up at a dark blue sky with a million stars illuminating everything before it. I'm not alone though I feel someone else's presence. It's a man. He says something I can't make out followed by...

                              ~🌸~

.... "Please, help him! You've watched the trial unfold I've seen that look in your eyes you know--"

"He's fallen from Grace Erebus. He has sinned and received punishment for it there is nothing I can do. I know he's like a brother to you but what's done is done."

"You are the Goddess of Fate, Surely there's something you could do or at least could have--"

"I CANNOT CHANGE WHAT IS DESTINED TO HAPPEN EREBUS!". Erebus stops his refute seeing that he has overstepped his bounds. I turn away from him and look up at the universe trying to recollect myself. "....I out of anyone should know.... some consequences must be paid in full for changing what is destined."

".......At least help him heal. To move on just... help him."

"Healing is something you do one your own--"

"Just go down there and check on him. If you do you have my word I will not bring it up again. I won't impose, you decide. Please." I stare at Erebus he reminds me of someone I miss very dearly. I let out I sigh knowing full well he won't move on until I do. I look up at him and respond. "Very well, I will go to see how he's doing but then after that, not a word out of you." Erebus nods frantically. I shake my head and leave for earth with the feeling that's he's is also partly to blame for this.

✄- - - - - - - - - - - - Time skip - - - - - - - - -✄

I find myself in what seems to be a library. There I find myself sitting quietly, watching what once used to be one of the king's beautiful angels. He seems preoccupied in his mind, he talks to himself questioning his falling. As if expecting some answer he looks up at a painting of a woman above a fireplace, only to be met with silence.

As if unsatisfied with the response he turns around starts thrown books and anything in reach of him

As if unsatisfied with the response he turns around starts thrown books and anything in reach of him. Seeing him like this somehow unsettles me in a way I can't understand. I'm overcome with emotions. I feel as if I've listened to a confession of someone who's felt similar pains as me. I stand up and begin to walk in front of him with the urge to comfort him, even though I know he's unable to see or hear me. I bring my hand up to his face and caress his cheek.

"You're lost aren't you?" I ask him. "So am I... Do you think souls like us can find comfort and happiness?" I feel unsettled as I watch tears roll down his face. I try to brush his tears away even though I know I shouldn't be making any form of contact with him at all, yet here I am. "Maybe we can help each other heal... move on from what hurts us...maybe even find comfort in each other," I whisper to him even though I know he can't hear me. I've been here for too long I can feel the balance changing in my presence.

"I've made my decision to what you've said before.... until we meet again." .....

                             ~🌸~

....I'm snapped out of my trance-like state to seeing the prince in front of me. How did he get here? When did he get here? He looks annoyed with me did I do something wrong already? I start panic fear starts running through my mind. Suddenly the prince just crashes his lips onto mine. He slides his tongue into my mouth and I'm just there in shock. It takes me a second to register whats happened. Something in me just snaps and I'm just bubbling with anger and fear. I can't explain this feeling but before I knew it I'm biting the prince's tongue and shoving him away from me. My hand flies across his face and I begin to yell at him before running inside the castle.

Once I start thinking about my actions and how unprofessional that was, I need this job. I hope I don't get fired. Still, I can't believe that happened but the stinging sensation that my hand is currently feeling says otherwise. What was that even about? I shake my head dismissing that question, it's probably him just being a pervert. I think to myself as I head back to my room.