Chapter Ninteen: "Therapy"

"Hmm." I can feel tiny a hand rubbing small circles on my back waking me up slowly and letting my mind wander. I'm such a screw-up, I even mess up my suicide. I didn't drink enough pills since I'm conscious. I open my eyes softly to see a little boy staring at me. "Mmm, it's so bright and early. What are you doing? Why are you up?" I asked groggily smiling at him as I shut my eyes again. "My big sis is just so pretty." I hear him say. I open my eyes again to see him staring at me with admiration in his eyes. Don't look at me like that kid. I'm weak I'm not strong enough to protect anyone let alone myself. Here I am feeling pitiful for myself and you're just here looking up at me like that.

"Mmmn why are you so sweet? I can just eat you up." I say kissing him all over his face causing him to giggle. I stop for a second and look at him fondly, "let's get breakfast. If not I'll just eat you instead." I say as I begin to tickle him causing him to shriek and laugh. I continue tickling waiting for a response. "O-okay!" He barely wheezes the words out. After he responds to me I roll onto my back and put my arm over my eyes mentally preparing myself to face the day. Danny, on the other hand, decides to stand up on the bed and starts jumping.

"Come on, come on hurry up! Let's go! Breakfast!!" He says beaming at me while rushing me up. "Okay, okay... Jeez bossy much?" I reply giving a smile of my own. I get up from the bed and head downstairs with Dan right behind me, hot on my trail. I walk into the kitchen and look inside the fridge. We don't have much but I make do with what we have. I take out everything I need and decide to make toast for everyone. It's just bread and fruits for me and my brother since we practically have the same appetite with some orange juice for him and some tea for me. I make it cute since he's pretty picky. I set it down on the dining table for him.

 I set it down on the dining table for him

I do the same for my mom's plate. I make her toast with some fruits and a side of coffee and cranberry juice. She needs the most energy out of everyone here. I put everything on a tray and take it into the living room and set it on the coffee table. There I find mum passed out on the couch in slumber with a baby bassinet beside her with little Katelyn fast asleep. I kneel beside my mom. She looks clammy and sweaty. I put a hand on her forehead and the other on my head checking her temperature. She's burning up.