Chapter 11

I was almost done packing my bags for the stay at my mothers house. My father never told me how long I was going to stay there or even why so I just packed a week amount of clothes, just in case. I didn't even want to pack right now because my body hurt like a bitch.

When my good ole daddy of mine told me to pack, I just threw my suitcases, not bothering to pack right then but when he said get to packing he meant get to packing because when he walked in my room later that evening he quote on quote 'beat some sense into me' and said if I don't get to packing now, he won't go easy the next time. Is he trying to tell me he's been going easy all these years or something?  In plus he also never told me why I'm even going to my mom's house. I mean like was this her idea or his? I wouldn't be surprised if it was his but I also wouldn't be surprised if it was my mom's either.

I'm also nervous to go. I mean I'm meeting my step siblings. I didn't even know I havestep siblings. Why was I never told? Was it because my dad knew I would try to leave and go live there? Not like he would even bat an eyelash if I left. He just wouldn't want his personal punching bag to leave because I meant that is all I am to him. Right?

Why the fuck do I even care what he thinks anyways? He doesn't care about me so why should I and that's one of the things I also hate about me because as much as I want to hate him, he's my father so I just can't bring myself to hate him.

And that's what annoys me.

I was in the middle of packing when I heard my phone ringing. I cursed under my breathe and rummaged through my clothes spread out on my bed. I found my phone and picked it up, putting it on speaker phone so I could still pack. I shouted out a "hello" so the person could hear me from my closet where I'm grabbing a couple pairs of shoes.

"Mason. Hey. Whatcha doing?" I recognized the voice as Spencer, of course. Mercedes never really calls me until less it's really important. She's more of a texting person.

"Um packing. What about you?" I grabbed four band shirts and a couple of long sleeved shirts since it gets cold where my mom lives. I balanced them all in my arms before rolling them up and putting them in my suitcase. After I did that I walked to my dresser and took out about eight pairs of skinny jeans and a couple of sweatpants for just when I'm lounging around the house.

"Packing? Why are you packing? And why do you sound so far away?" He kept asking questions left and right and I mean like I understand why he was asking so many questions but like damn dude, one at a time. I opened my other dresser draws and just pulled out a new pack of underwear instead of just a bunch of different ones. I have a lot of unopened packs of underwear. I only wear a pair at least once or twice before I throw them away. Waste of money, I know but using a pair more than three times is just disgusting to me.

"I'm going to stay at my mothers house for a while. It was kind of a last minute thing. Apparently she wants me to meet my step brother and sister. Don't know why but my dad wants me gone so I'm taking the chance to get the hell away from this house." I threw my pack of underwear in my suitcase and put my shoes in my carry on bag, along with my toothbrush, deodorant, cologne, some socks, and other stuff I'll probably need daily. I unplugged my phone and my laptop charger from the wall and shoved it in there, stuffing my laptop on top of all my clothes.

"Oh. OK then. Have fun I guess." Disappointment laced his voice and it made me feel guilty but I couldn't help it. I don't want to leave Spencer, even if it's just for a couple days but I sure as hell need a vacation from this house so I'm taking it even if I halfway don't want to go.

"I'm sorry. I want to stay but I want to get out of my house. I hate it here."

"Then why don't you come stay with me?" Huh. That thought never crossed my mind but I'm already packed for my mom's house and now I kind of want to go. I want to see what my step siblings are like. Are they smart? Are they funny? Or are they a bunch of douche muffins? I bit my lip, thinking of what spending the night at Spencer's would be like. I wonder does he snore. Come to think of it, I've never seen his place before. I'll have to ask him about that later.