Chapter 21

"Is he OK?"

"How bad is he hurt?"

"Hurt enough to be in the nurse, chucklefuck."

"Chucklefuck? Is that when you're like chuckling but fucking someone also?"

"I think it means-"

"Shh! He's waking up!"

All the voices got eerily quiet as I slowly opened my eyes, groaning as I did so. I clutched my head in pain as I felt it violently throbbing. While still rubbing my head slightly, I looked around the room, noticing I'm at the school nurses room. I scanned the cold, white room again, seeing Mercedes, the nurse, and Spencer in the corner of the room, quietly observing with worry clear in his eyes.

I gave him a small smile and diverted my gaze over to Mercedes, who looked on the edge of tears. I was a little curious on why she looked so sad over this, I'm just in the nurses office. Nothing major I suppose.

I sat up in the small bed they give for students to lay on and went to talk but stopping immediately, feeling my throat all scratchy. Not a second later, and hand holding a glass of water appeared in my lime of vision. I looked up to see Spencer holding the glass so I mouthed a 'thank you' to him and took the glass, almost gulping down the whole cup except a couple of sips.

I licked the excess water off my lips and reached to put the cup on the side table but for Spencer to do it for me. I didn't argue with him and let him do what he wanted. A throat was cleared and the nurse stepped forward slowly, trying not to upset or startle me in any way.

"Hey Mason. How are you feeling?" I gave her a blank stare as I thought. How am I doing? I went over stuff in my head. Well, I have a massive headache, my sides hurt like a bitch, I don't even fully remember why I'm in here, and I feel some type of bandage wrapped on my head. Honestly, I feel and probably look like absolute shit.

"I could be better." The nurse, according to her badge, named Ebony gave me a sympathetic smile, noticing my lies before handing a bottle to Spencer, him shoving it in his pocket. The room got quiet, to quiet for my liking so I cleared my throat, getting everyone's attention.

"So, can someone tell me exactly why I'm in here? With a bandage wrapped around my head?" Even shared uneasy looks like they didn't want to say but Mercedes stepped up anyways, explaining what happened.

"Well... I do have seventh period with you and you usually aren't late to that class so Mrs. Jenkins agreed to let Vixon and I go search for you. You weren't outside but we did find you basically passed out on the boys bathroom floor. We knew the people who did it to you but we were going to focus on that after we made sure you were alright.You have a small bandage on your head because apparently Bob or one of his bitches pushed you into a wall or something, halfway looked like they smashed your head on the floor so you had a small opening in your head. It wasn't serious enough to take you to the hospital but you were still bleeding so... here we are."

After Mercedes telling me what happened, I just had a huge flashback of that day, whenever it was. Me walking to class but having to use to bathroom first. Bob and his posse walking in. The beatings, the kicks, the head smashing, I suddenly remembered it all. I slowly nodded my head but then scrunched my face in confusion.

"No offence to you but why is Spencer here? Like how did he find out?" I looked over to Spencer to see him bouncing his leg up and down, biting his nails. A habit he does when he's nervous.

"I was at work and I received a call from Mercedes saying you were jumped in school and was bleeding, badly. So I rushed over here to see what was going on. She couldn't get ahold of your dad though. He never seems to pick up his phone." I snorted and rolled my eyes. That's no surprise my father didn't pick up. He ignores all calls he gets from the school because he said he knows it's going to be about me and he sees enough of me during the day, he doesn't need to hear about me also. Bitch tit.