Chapter 15

After the incident last night, I've been distant. I haven't talked to anyone, or looked in anyone's direction. I haven't eaten at the dinner table in god knows how long, and I've moved all my stuff down to their basement since I can't stand to be in Jasper's room after what happened. I don't even walk past it, I go around the house to avoid looking at it.

I don't have much in the basement, just a futon couch, a little TV, my clothes, and a mirror. I don't have a bathroom in there but I use their guest bathroom.

I walked over to my futon and lifted it up to get out my stash of food just to see it's empty. I cursed under my breath and sighed grumpily when I realized I have to go upstairs to get some food. I don't want to but I'm not going to starve, thank you.

I just can't wait till I leave here. So far I've been here about four or five days and today's currently Wednesday but my mom's driving me back on Friday morning. Just got to make it till Friday then I can see my wonderful Spencer again.

Oh right, Spencer. I never called him last night. Guess I was just so tired from moving my stuff downstairs to the basement, I must of just instantly crashed. I mentally reminded myself to call him back and apologize before I trudged upstairs and headed to the kitchen, hands in my jacket pockets. It's cold as fuck in that basement, dude.

I made my way to the kitchen, head down as I climbed on the countertops to reach the snacks. Yes, I have to climb to reach the cabinets. I'm just that flippin short. I grabbed some oreo's, chocolate chip cookies, barbeque potato chips, takis -the only thing I really need in life- and after I climbed down, I got three cans of Arizona tea.

I got all my supplies and shoved them all in a bag and turned around to jump in fright at the sight of Callie. Damn, why does everyone insist of scaring the shit out of me. I gave out a forced smiled down at Callie and ruffled her hair, making her giggle. I stood up from my crouching position and was about to leave the kitchen until I felt a tugging on my sweatpants.

I looked down at Callie, sending her a questioning look before it looked like she was starting to tear up. I gasped a little and put down my food on the table and crouched down to hug her as she sniffle a little.

"Callie, what's wrong?" I asked out in a strained voice. This is the first time I spoke in days so my voice came out a little raspy. I cleared my throat after speaking as Callie took her head out of the crook of my neck as she wiped her nose a little.

"We worried about you. You never come out of basement room, and you never come for dinner. We ask about you, especially Jasper." I cringed at Jasper's name before scowling at it. That little bitch would be 'worried' about me. Bullshit. I gave her another small smile and rubbed her tiny arms up and down to calm her down a little, and it worked.

"I'm sorry, Callie. I just haven't been... feeling well per say. I think I came down with a cold or something."

"Bullshit." I turned around to see my mom, Jasper, and my step dad standing there. I've only seen my step dad about once. He works at night so he's constantly asleep during the day, which made me wonder why he's even awake right now.

"Excuse me?" I understood what they said, I understood completely. I'm just trying to stall because I don't want them to worry. And because now being in the same room as Jasper makes me uncomfortable.

He had a blank expression on his face, trying to hide his emotions but his eyes are an open book. Even though I didn't want to look at him, I stared at his eyes, him doing the same as I read them.

I saw a bunch of emotions swimming around but the ones more present I see is anger, confusion, sorrow, and guilt. What's he guilty for because it can't be from raping me. He seemed to enjoy it just fine.