Chapter 26

"So, you never answered my question." I looked up from my laptop to see Spencer standing by his closet, holding up two shirts. One being a dark blue button up shirt that fades to a sky blue, and then just a plain plaid red button up shirt.

"Depends on what the question was." He gave me an 'are you serious look' before dramatically sighing and dragging his feet over to the bed to lay down the shirts next to me.

"Which one should I wear?! This is a very important dinner that, may I mention, we are going to. So, I would like to look presentable." I sighed annoyed that I had to stop scrolling through Tumblr and pushed my laptop to the side, giving him my full attention.

"The red one," He picked up the red one and slid off his shirt  to try on the one I picked out I would be lying if I said I didn't moan a little in my throat. Spencer rolled up the sleeves to his elbows and turned to look at himself in his full body mirror, inspecting himself. "And I don't even understand why you're making a big deal about this. It's just a dinner."

He gave me a sharp glare. "With my parents! Who you are meeting for the first time!" I raised a brow.
"Yeah, and?" He sighed and mumbled a quiet 'just forget it' before stalking off to the bathroom, to finish getting ready. I felt guilty knowing i made him a little sad, and possibly sad, so I got up from the bed and opened the bathroom door, to see Spencer styling his hair with a solemn look on his face. My chest ached. I walked up to him and slid myself in the space between him and the sink and gave him a hug, burying my face in his neck.

"I'm sorry for being an ass. I know how important this dinner is to you. It just that, like, it's your parents. You seem so worried about it. I guess I should be trying to calm you down instead of making you more worried. I'm sorry." Spencer stayed still with his arms to his sides for a while before he raised them and hugged me back, resting his chin on my head.m

"It's ok. It's just that, I love my parents to death and they love me also but just even the thought of disappointing them makes me feel sick. I just want this dinner to go really well, that's all." he said while hugging me a little tighter before letting me go and giving me a kiss on the lips. I moved my lips against his softly, gently running my fingers in his hair before pulling back. "I understand. I'll go get ready, ok? We leave in an hour, right?" He gave a slight nod and leaned in to give me a quick kiss before letting go completely and going back to fixing his hair in the mirror. I lingered there for a few moments, just staring at him before he focused his eyes on me and raised a slight eyebrow in questioning. I showed a small small and walked out of the room, putting on my shoes and grabbing my my phone from the counter top before opening the front door, walking home. 

(Cotton is me. I am Cotton. We are one)

Once I arrived home, I was relieved to see my dad wasn't home. I'm not ready to face him. Not yet. I jogged up the stairs and opened the door to my bedroom. I walked in and looked around to see nothing had changed. I set my phone on my dresser and walked to my closet, opening it to see if I had any dress clothes to wear. After about ten or fifteen minutes, I picked out a plain black button up shirt, some black jeans, a red bow tie, and some red converse so I could at least match with Spencer. After I approved of my outfit, I got a bag from a closet and started to shove some of my stuff in it. Not a lot of stuff, just the stuff that mattered. I packed some clothes, my phone and laptop charger seeing I left those, some shoes, and my toothbrush. Once again, just the stuff mattered. After all that was done, I put the bag on my shoulder and left the house, walking back to Spencer's house.

I walked in with the key he gave me to see him running around the house like a madman. I laughed quietly to myself. I loudly cleared my throat and laughed when I saw the expression on his face. "May I ask why you're running around your house like you're being chased by Satan himself?" Spencer made some weird ass mating call while throwing his hands up in the air "I can't find my blue shoes!" he said while getting on the floor and looking under the couch. Once I looked around the apartment and at him, I smacked my hand across my forehead while dragging my hand across my face. 

"Your blue shoes?"

"Yes!" I gave a slight giggle. 

"You mean like the ones you're wearing on your feet?"

"Yes! Those sh-" He looked down to indeed, see the shoes he was looking for on his feet already. "Oh." I busted out laughing and held my stomach while he huffed and crossed his arms like a little kid, waiting for me to stop laughing.  I wiped my eyes and panted, trying to catch my breathe. After I was back to normal, I looked up to see Spencer intensely staring at me. I shifted uncomfortably under his gaze while scratching my arm. "What?" 

He walked up to me and without warning, gave me a hard and deep kiss. I stumbled back at the force but eventually caught my balance and wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him back. He put his arms around my waist and pulled me closer, if that was possible. He pressed against me harder and bit my lip, making me yelp a little. He slipped his tongue in my mouth and explored every nook and cranny of my mouth, earning a deep groan from me. I put my hands on his chest and pushed him back so I could catch my breathe. I licked my lips and looked up at him, panting slightly. 

"What was that for? Not that I didn't like it or anything but, ya know." He smiled and moved a piece of hair out of my face and leaned down to whisper in my ear, "No reason, you just look really fucking sexy in that outfit. My bad." I felt the incoming head reach from my neck to my face as I buried my face in his neck. He chuckled again and let go, wrapping his hand around my waist. "Let's go." I nodded  my head and we headed to his car. 

Dinner went really well. His parents and siblings were very nice but a little wary at first because of our age gap but they eventually got over it, welcoming our relationship with open arms. We discussed random stuff. Like how I was turning eighteen in just six days, how I'll maybe move in with Spencer because once the clock hits midnight, you can beat your ass I wont be living in that hell hole anymore. Besides, I'm already basically living with Spencer anyways. Almost all my stuff is there so why not just make it official? We made our relationship official, well at least I think we did, so why not? 

As I slightly turned my head to see Spencer already looking at me, we both leaned in and gave each other a kiss and I sighed in bliss when I realized this is where I want to be. I don't love or trust very many people in my life. I don't trust my dad, defiantly don/t trust Mercedes. The only person I know that's never let me down or give up hope is Spencer. He was and is always there for me when I need it the most and I can never show him how thankful I am for that. As cheesy as it is, he's my whole world. He's all I need in life and all I will ever need. I could be homeless with no food and no clean clothes and as long as I had Spencer, I would be completely fine with that. I don't need anybody but him. I can't wait to build a life with him. Have pets, a house of our own, get married, hell, even have kids. I wouldn't care. I would go to the ends of the earth for  this man and I'm  glad he knows that. 

So, with that though in mind, I leaned my head on his arm and let a small smile escape my lips as I slowly drifted off to sleep. 

This is where I wanted to be for the rest of my life and I'm so glad the world took pity upon myself and Spencer to give us another chance.

THE END. IT'S DONE. FINISHED. FIN. FINALLY, I FINISHED MY FIRST AND VERY BADLY WRITTEN STORY. I KNOW THIS WAS REALLY SHORT BUT I JUST NEEDED TO GET THIS OVER WITH. OKAY? ALRIGHT. I appreciate everyone who actually took the time to read this atrocious story. I would give thanks to my friend Paige, but she didn't do shit so oh well. Thanks for reading! FYI, that's sexy Spencer on the side.