Chapter 8

“You can enter Mr. Enriquez’s office mam. Sorry to keep you waiting.” The woman said apologetic before guiding me to Mr. Enriquez’s office.

“It’s fine.” I responded.

“Miss Denisovich, I can see that you are here early, is there something you want to report to me?” curious na tanong ng matanda. I looked at him straight in the eye.

“I’ll be leaving tomorrow to Paris, and I’m here to tell you my conditions on my ways to make your daughter come home.” The old man nodded gesturing me to continue talking.

Mr. Enriquez is one of the most dashing men that I’ve seen. Even in his late fifties he still looks so young and young girls are mesmerized by her but his eyes are set to only one woman, her wife.

When I saw the photo of Harmony I concluded na may lahi ito and more or less mas kamukha nito ang mama niya.

After two weeks, finally!” He exclaimed.

“Yes, medyo natagalan ang PI ko  sa pagi investigate sa kaniya. I wont let you down Mr. Enriquez.” Pangako ko rito.

“Okay so what are you doing here?”

“You specifically said that no force shall be done to your daughter. So I’ve been thinking about this for a long time already. My way of getting her home is to make her fall in love with me. In that way I can make her come with me with no damages done.” Paliwanag ko rito.

Hindi ito nagsalita at mataman lang na nakatitig sa akin.
“Sir I know that it sounds ridiculous but I cant think of any better plan than this. I’ll just do it myself instead of hiring a man to do it so that I can make sure that no one takes advantage of her” I said on my defense.

“How can I be sure that you won't take advantage of my daughter? How sure are you na magtatagumpay ka sa plano mo and how sure are yu that you can make my daughter fall in love with you?” Hamon nito.

“This is purely business. Besides I want fifty percent share of your restaurant. And to answer your last question no one can resist my charm not even your daughter.” Confident kung sagot sa matanda.

“So fifty percent huh? You’re asking way too big. Thirty percent is all I can give you.”

“Forty.” I seriously said.

“Fine. So it’s a deal then.  Bring her home. You have atleast one month to do that, if you fail our contract will go to waste.” Saad nito bago nakipagkamay sakin

“You can count on me sir. I’m not going to fail you.” Sabi kong nakangiti rito.

“I hope so.”
my

-------
Pagkatapos kong kinausap si Mr. Enriquez ay dumiretso na ako sa aking kumpanya upang ayusin ang mga dapat kong ayusin para hindi hassle at hindi magkaproblema kapag umalis na ako.

Vexy what time is my flight tomorrow?”  pumipirmang tanong ko rito.

“Five in the morning mam.”
Tumango ako rito. “Do I have clients to meet?

“Wala po mam. Nakausap mo na silang lahat last week.” Sabi nito habang nakatingin sa notepad nito.

“Is that all? Papers na kailangan ang approval at mga pirma ko?” tanong ko ulit dito habang hinihilot ko ang ulo ko.

“Last na po yang papers na ginagawa niyo mam.” Pagkumpirma nito.

Napatango ako. “Okay, that’s good to know, I’ll leave you in charge of my company. If there is any emergencies call me immediately. If you need help call me.” Bilin ko rito.

“P-po? Ako po?” gulat na tanong nito.

“I trust you Vexy.I know that you can do it.” I said to boost her confidence.

“Okay po. Hindi ko po kayo bibiguin.” sabi naman nito.

“It’s settled then. Ikaw na ang bahala dito so that I can go home and prepare.”

---
I went home early and prepare my suitcase at makapagpahinga muna before my flight.  I only prepared the things that I need , konting mga damit lang dahil napag-isip ko na doon na lang ako bibili kung kakailanganin.

Ngayon pa lang ay sinigurado ko ng kumpleto ang mga gamit ko baka kasi may makalimutan pa ako.

Natapos na akong mag-ayos  ng maisip ko si Caden. It’s been a week since the last time that we talked at iyon ay noong gabing nalasing siya. Pagkagising ko kinabukasan ay wala na ito dahil maaga daw umalis. That woman worries me, ngayon lang kasi siya nagkaganoon and napakaweird seeing her cry because of a woman. Love nga naman, so dangerous.

Natigil ang pag-iisip ko ng may kumatok sa pinto.

“It’s open, come inside.” Sabi ko sa kumakatok rito.

Nang binuksan ito ng kumatok ay nakilala ko agad na si Caden. Pumasok ito at umupo sa higaan ko. Walang umimik sa aming dalawa so I decided to break the ice.

“What are you doing here?” takang tanong ko sa aking kaibigan.

“Wala, I’m just here to talk with you.” Simpleng sagot nito.
Humarap ako dito bago sumagot.   “About what?”

Ikaw.” Nguso nito sakin.

“Me?What about me?” Takang tanong ko rito.

“What’s your plan? Anong gagawin mo sa France? You usually don’t  go abroad unless you have a business trip.” Saad nito.

Napabuntung-hininga ako at umupo sa upuan. “I have a business to take care over there.”

“What business?” pang-uusisa pa rin nito.

“Okay. Mr. Enriquez came at my office one day asking for my help and in exchange he’ll give me whatever I ask from him.”

“So what will you do there then?”

“Make her daughter come home. According to Mr. Enriquez ayaw umuwi ang anak niya dito sa Pinas and it’s my duty to do so. I have one month para magawa ang plano ko” paliwanag ko rito.

“Wait. You said that his father can’t make her come home, what’s the difference with you? You’re merely a stranger to her. Imposibleng makikinig yun sa iyo.”

“That’s why I have to make her fall inlove with  me, at kapag magawa ko iyon yayayain ko siyang bumalik sa Pinas kasama ko” Simpleng saad ko.

“You’re crazy right? That woman might be straight or in a relationship. How will you pull that kind of scheme then?” tanong nito

“According to my source she’s single and even if she’s straight I can bend her.” Ngisi ko rito.

“Yeah right. Well then I wish you luck.  Just update me na lang kung may progress ka na. And one more thing Hunter don’t fall in love or in the end ikaw ang matatalo.”  Seryosong saad nito bago tumayo  mula sa kinauupuan nito.

You’re blabbering weird things again Caden, alam mong I will never fall in love with anyone. I don’t have time for that.  Umalis ka na nga matutulog na ako, oh anyway take care of my baby will yah!” Bilin ko rito.Hindi na ito sumagot at winagayway ang kamay bilang pagsang-ayon sa sinabi ko.