Chapter 20

HUNTER

It’s already evening when I arrived at the Philippines. I directly went home and took a rest since tomorrow will be a start of a long day. I managed to leave Harmony a message when I was in the airplane explaining the situation that I’m in hoping that she’ll  understand me.I’ve already been here for three days and I’ve managed to pacify the situation.

I went to the office early and continued investigating. My head started to ache. I checked my watch and its already past lunch and I still haven’t eaten. I called Vexy to bring me a medicine and immediately brought it to me.

“Vexy I want you to set a meeting immediately this afternoon. Notice them that it’s urgent. After that announce to the heads of every department to wait in the conference room”

“Okay mam.I got it”

“Okay you may go” Sagot ko rito while busy typing in my computer. I just found out that the rat in my company, unfortunately it is one of my workers. I do know they won’t act without anyone backing them. I called for the board to reassure them that it’s not a big deal and there’s no reason to worry.

Hindi ko namamalayan ang oras when someone knocked in the door. It’s Vexy. “Mam kumpleto na po ang board sa room.Kaya na lang po ang hinihintay”

“Okay,tell them I’ll be there” Utos ko rito at agad naman itong tumalima. I straighten my clothes and checked my appearance before entering the room. Tumayo naman ang lahat to greet me and I nodded at them. I don’t have such a long time kaya’t hindi na ako nagpaligoy-ligoy pa.

“You already know the reason why you are here. I’m standing here to assure you that everything is under control and that you don’t have to worry anything”

“Are you sure?” He doubtly ask. He’s one of the boardmembers.

“I wouldn’t be here standing in front of you if not. If only all of you is competent then this couldn’t have happen.” I challenged and he immediately shut up.

“As I was saying, everything is under control.My team and I is just finishing it up and it’ll be back to normal again in few days.”

“I’m warning all of you. If you dare fight me make sure you’re ready to lose all that you have because I won’t hesitate to end you” I seriously said while looking at them and they all nodded.

I already made myself clear.The meeting is adjourned”

I went out with Vexy following me.
“Are they in the conference room already?”

“Yes mam”

I massaged my temple. “Let’s go”
I entered the room filled with silence. All are fidgety,their nervousness and radiating I can’t help but smirk when I laid my eyes to a certain individual. He is sweating excessively. Fucking rat!

Let me teach you a reason!
I maintained my poker face and started talking to them. I checked every department head’s report one by one and listen to them making sure that he’s the last one to talk.The head of the finance department. How clever! But not clever enough for me not to find out. He manipulated the data making it look like the stock is falling but in reality it’s not.He created a confusion to steal. I was about to call him when I heard my phone vibrating.

“Hold on” I ordered them and went outside to take the call.

“Hello Carlo, why did you call?” Nagtatakang tanong ko rito. I asked him to investigate on this case as soon as possible and he gave me the informations that I need right away. It seems that he’s the only one I can trust capable to make his work done.
“I have an additional information , and this might or might not surprise you”