Chapter 16

HARMONY

I woke happier today due to the events last night. After Hunter’s proposal to me,we eat our dinner accompanied with sweet melodic music at the background.After some time she drove me home and we said good nights to each other. I still can’t believe that Im taken.

It feels so surreal. I smiled at my thought, I’ve never been happier in my life until Hunter came. I’m putting my make up on when I heard my phone ringing. I instantly smiled when I saw the  name of the caller.

“Hey love, good morning!” The other line sweetly said I can’t help but to bite my lips preventing me to smile.
“Good morning..love” I respond.
“So are you ready?” Hunter asked that made me creased my forehead. I don’t remember making any plans with her since we both have works for today.

“Umm,ready for what exactly?” I asked her still recalling our conversations last night.

“Well,miss Enriquez,guess what? I’m here outside waiting for you” I heard a car honking outside and I hurriedly went to take a look. I saw Hunter grinning outside holding a cup of coffee.

“What are you doing here?”I ask while looking at her. She bowed while looking at me “I’ll be your cab for today maam”

I chuckled “Fine,as if I have a choice” I said while rolling my eyes. I looked at her and she just winked at me  “Oh well ,you signed up for this,no backing out”

“Never” Nakangiting sagot ko dito. “I’ll drop this call,I’ll be outside in a minute”

“Okay cutie”

I finished my make up and made sure I llok presentable at the mirror before going down my apartment. I saw her leaning against her car which made her look hotter than usual.

She’s wearing a black button down shirt tucked in her black rugged jeans with heels which is her usual style. I let her finish conversing with someone at her phone before approaching her.

“Hey” I casually said but my heart rapidly starts beating when she stared at me. She smiled widely at me before pulling me closer to her. I bet she can hear how fast  my heartbeat now. I felt like my whole system shut down when I feel her lips on mine. It was just a short kiss but enough to make me insane.

“Good morning again love, I’ll drop you off your work today kay? Ohh before I forget here’s your coffee” She said and handed it to me. Kinuha ko naman ito ng wala sa wisyo.

“Hey you okay?” Concern can be heard in her voice. I cleared my throat.

“Yeah,I’m just happy that you’re here” I thruthfully said. She smiled at me.

“Don’t worry, it’s going to be an everyday thing na. So tara, baka malate ka pa”  I nodded to her. She helped me open the door and assisted me going inside her car.

“Okay seatbelt first please” Kaagad na sabi nito pagkapasok sa kotse. I’m trying to pull the seatbelt but it looks like it’s stucked.

“Let me help you” Hunter said after sensing I’m having trouble putting it on. She is so close to me that I can smell her perfume. I swallowed the invisible lump in my throat.

“Okay it’s done,do you mind if I listen to the radio?”

“No I don’t mind” Nakangiting sagot naman nito. She opened the radio and started driving. Tahimik lang kaming dalawa when I heard her singinging to the song blasting on the radio.
She glances at me every time she have the chance while singing. “This is my favourite” Pagpapaliwanag nito.
“It’s a good song!” Sabi ko rito while jamming with it. I didn’t realized that she is holding my hand so I enterwined it.