Chapter 21

Harmony

I was at my work when Hunter sent me a message explaining that she’ll be flying back home because of an urgent call from her company. I was sad and worried at the same time and I couldn’t do anything. I didn’t even have the chance to hug or kiss her before she went home.

I always receive flowers from her every morning with a letter on it. Even if she’s not with me she doesn’t fail to make me special. We exchange texts and call every night before I go to bed. I want to take care of her, to fulfil my duty as here girlfriend but here I am afraid of what might happen if I go home. Its’ been one week since she left Paris and I’ve been feeling a little down lately. I miss her warmth and her kisses. I sighed. I was startled when my phone rang.

“Hello mom?”

“Ohh baby hello, I miss you” Napangiti ako rito. Mom is the only one whom I talk to in the Philippines.

“I missed you too  mom. When are yougoing to visit me?” Nagtatampong tanong ko rito.It’s been three months since she visited me.

Anak,pwede bang ako naman ang bisitahin mo ngayon?” Ang paglalambing nito.

I groaned “Mom you already know my answer” I heard her sigh.

Okay okay I understand.So how are you baby?” Naisip ko si Hunter.

“Mom”

“Yes baby?”

“I have something to tell you” Kinakabahang sabi ko rito.

“What is it baby?”

“Promise me you will not tell Dad and that you will not be angry”

“Baby is something wrong?You’re scaring me”

“Mom don’t worry everything is good-I just want to say that I’m in a relationship already” I closed my eyes waiting for her response. Here we go!

“Ohh! Baby since when? I’m so happy with you. When are you gonna let me meet him?” She asked with excitement.

“Mom it’s not a ‘he’ it’s a ‘she’ and she’s in the Philippines right now” Sagot ko rito. I can hear nothing at the side of the line.

“Mom???”

“I’m sorry I’m just taken aback. Who is she?”

“Hunter Denisovich. She owns a company in the Philippines” Pagpapaliwanag ko rito.

Are you mad mom?”

“Hunter? I think I know her. I’m not mad darling it’s just that I thought you were straight,not that I have a problem with your sexuality.”

I chuckled “ I thought so mom but when she came into my life I felt special. I feel butterflies in my tummy whenever she’s around”

“Ohh my baby’s not a baby anymore. I think I’m going to cry” She faked cry that made me laugh.

“Mom!”

“Don’t worry baby I won’t tell to your Dad that her daughter is in a relation-“ She didn’t get to finish her sentence when I heard a familiar voice.

“You’re in a relationship?! With whom!??” I can sense the anger in his voice as he asked me the question .I can hear mom at the background warning him.