Chapter 22

"This way please." a waitress said, leading to Yuzu's and Yuniko's table.

They followed her into an empty room, separate from the other tables.

Yuzu put her hand on the side of her mouth and said to Yuniko "Why are we always separate from the others?"

Yuniko said "It's because my dad makes the reservations, I can do nothing about it."

There were a few quiet voices but some familiar.

"Hm, Mei and Udagawa? What a coincidence!" Yuniko pointed out.

"Eh?" Yuzu squinted, surely her eyes were playing tricks.

There was Mei and Udagawa sitting at a table, already eating.

Yuzu closed her eyes and sighed Why are they here?

"Ma'am, this table right here." the waitress stopped the table next to Mei's table.

Yuzu made a face before sitting down.

"So, Yuniko, why are you here today?" Udagawa asked.

Yuniko opened the menu and said "It's just for breakfast. Me and Yuzu have to go on a trip for the wedding."

Yuzu glanced over at Mei.

She was eating still and nonchalant (meaning calm or showing no anxiety and stuff.) but the fork and knife in her hand were trembling a little.

"Huh? I thought the wedding was here?" Udagawa said.

Yuniko shrugged "From what someone told me, some couple won us off there."

He sighed and ate.

A waiter walked to their table and asked "Are you ready for ordering?"

~

Once they were finished ordering, Yuniko sat back and leaned her head back.

"Sheesh, that was a lot of work."

Yuzu laughed "I guess that waiter was new at this."

"Wait, I have a question, if you don't mind." Udagawa said, gulping down his bite.

"Yeah, what is it?" Yuniko said, moving her head towards him.

"How are you going to get to the place you need to go? It probably sounds stupid but what transportation ride are you going to take?"

"Oh that?" Yuniko shut her eyes "A private jet." It didn't sound like Yuniko was bragging.

"Oh..."

Yuzu sneaked a glance at Mei again. She hadn't say anything. She was just eating her food, minding her business.

~
Once their food had arrived, Mei and Udagawa were done.

He put on his jacket and waved bye to them.

Mei said nothing as usual.

Yuzu and Yuniko ate in silence.

Yuniko stopped eating and asked Yuzu "Is this what you wanted?"

Yuzu also stopped eating. She was thinking what to say.

"No..." She finally answered.

"That's what I thought."

Yuzu sadly ate her food, thinking about Yuniko's answer.