- 35 -

He stood there with a tight grasp on the handle, staring blankly ahead at the oak door

He stood there with a tight grasp on the handle, staring blankly ahead at the oak door. Which just so happened to shield him from the one person he, oh-so desperately wanted to see. He stood there trying to collect his emotions and thoughts together. He finally tried to move, but it was like his body was paralyzed, no where for him to go.

"Excuse me, sir." A women's voice rung in the boys ear, making him flinch, as he then turned to look behind him.

"Are you alright?" The lady asked a little concerned. She was probably a nurse going by her attire and the clipboard in hand. She looked young as well and the dark circles really showed how tried she was.

"Y-yeh 'm fine." Yoongi muffled out, bringing a shaky hand to comb through his faded-dyed hair. Not making eye contact at all, he started to stare holes into his shoes. When he finally heard the the footsteps of the lady disappearing from his hearing; he quickly turned around grasping the door handle and bursted inside. Shutting the door close behind him, he leaned against the door heaving a sigh of relief. His eyes were shut as his face scrunched in discomfort.

Yoongi slowly started to calm down. He then opened his eyes, taking in his bleak surroundings. His eyes then, landed on the only bed in the room which was placed right in the middle back against the wall.

His eyes caught the figure of a motionless boy laying there, breathing calmly. He didn't miss the machines that he was hooked up to, not to mention the oxygen mask that was assisting him. The boy on the bed was not asleep, going by how he was glancing through droopy eyes at Yoongi.

They both stared at each other not breaking eye contact for a second, one not knowing what to do. Suddenly the boy laying on the bed started coughing violently. Yoongi rushed over breaking out of his trance, helping the boy sit up, to not let the boy choke in anyway.

"Thank you," The boy coughed out. Yoongi nodded at him, carefully watching the boy's movements, as Yoongi then took his seat, on the chair placed next to the bed.

They both sat there basking in each other's presents not saying a word. Eventually the eerie silence got cut off with Jimin's coughing fit, but it being worse than the last as he started to lose his oxygen intake. Yoongi rushed to press the button to call for a nurse, as quick as possible.

The nurse showed up as soon as possible; probably 30 seconds tops. As soon as she processed the situation she spoke out to Yoongi urgently.

"Sir, I need to call the doctor, I request you to leave the room for the meantime. Please." She tried to usher the boy out the room. Quickly, right after the nurse called a doctor who was stood nearby, reading over papers in a plastic blue folder.

Yoongi stood outside anxiously pasting back 'n forth. The door finally opened up revealing the nurse with a gloomy look on her face, followed by the doctor looking through his papers.

"Is he ok?" Yoongi asked nervously. The doctor looked up making eye contact with the boy.

"Well, the nurse will help you out with that. I have to check on another patient fast." The doctor answered apologetically, walking away turning into another hallway.

Yoongi looked away from the doctor to face the nurse who was stood there silently.

"Well sir as we have accessed the situation it seems like, it would be best to spend the rest of your time with Mr. Park, as he is running out of it."

"What do you mean? Why aren't you doing anything to help him?" Yoongi yelled all of a sudden, startling the nurse.

"Sir please we tried our best, and Mr Park begged, for us to take him off the machines and meds, saying he wants the pain to go away. We really want to help him, but we can't do anything he won't let us."

"Why are you listening to him, just help him." Yoongi tried to reason, while thinking "why Jimin was acting so childish?"

"We can't do anything sir he has the right to decide for himself, he doesn't want to suffer anymore from the physical and mental pain of his situation." The nurse tried to argue, looking very tried.

"Why can't you guys change his mind?" Yoongi asked not getting why this was happening.

"There's no point sir he's too far gone, no medication can help him and we already tried the risky treatments, nothing worked. All we can do right now is accept his wishes, he's already been through so much, it won't be right to let him suffer more."

"I know-" Yoongi sadly mumbled, looking at the ground, brokenly.

"Sir please just spend the time he has left together." The nurse insisted. Staring at the boy for a while not getting a response in return.

"I'm scared." Yoongi whispered out of the blue. The nurse looked at him sympathetically.

"I get that, but do you really want to stand here and regret it later for missing even a second with him?" The nurse questioned with a gentle smile. Yoongi looked at the nurse with a little hesitation. She was right he couldn't waste anymore time. He turned to walk towards the room anticipating for what it held behind.

Once again he opened the door, it creaked a little in the process. Taking a deep breath he stepped inside. He then stumbled over to the boy laying on the bed, with his eyes closed.

+YOONGI's POV

I sat next to Jimin on the chair that previously provided. I grasped his hand in my two large ones. Looking at his calm face, he looked so tried, his skin was so pale his eyes were sunken.

Looking at him properly made me realize how selfish I was being he's already put up with so much he's falling apart, there is nothing keeping him together anymore. I can see he's already lost all hope.

I didn't even realized when tears started to fall from my eyes, or when I had brought my face close to his hand, and pressed my lips softly onto his knuckles. We were like that for a good moment, maybe 45 minutes.

When I felt a hand comb through my hair, weakly. Which cut me out of my thoughts, as I then looked towards Jimin, who was looking at me through heavy lids breathing heavily.

"Y-Yoongi," he whispered out in a raspy voice.

"Yes Jimine." I asked gently not letting the situation to sink in. I know what's going to happen, I know I can't freeze this moment. So I sat there pretending to be strong for the both of us.

"Please stay."

][🥂][Jazmin][🥂][